cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park/Gregory E. Moore RV Resort-Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

ss573
Explorer
Explorer
Roosevelt State Park, Morton MS.... 1 mile off of I-20.
Site 52 - Lake front - Water, Sewer, Elect. Large shaded spaces.

Swimming Area
2015 Thor Pilazzo 33.2
2017 Jeep Cherokee Toad

afob3
Explorer
Explorer

Site 36 KOA in Townsend TN
2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

JCGibson
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our site from this weekend at Table Rock State Park near Branson Missouri. Nice site that is concrete and fairly level, has fire pit, lantern hook, and a picnic table. It also has full hookups including 50 amp, water, sewer. Facilities at the park include showers, playground and a marina that gives a discount on boat rentals for staying in the park. It is only about 20 minutes (or less) to the heart of Branson.
John (USAF Retired) Cheryl (Mid School Teacher)
'16 Newmar Ventana 3709 Sold
'16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA traded
'11 Dodge 3500 Crewcab sold
'14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL sold
'12 Voltage V3200 sold
'09 BigHorn 3400 sold
'06 Jayco Octane sold
'04 Jayco Baja sold

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III

Looks like a huge site, nice.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

doublenot7
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice and peaceful, perfect!

nandj
Explorer
Explorer
Below are some pictures in Arizona we took in February and March.

Cholla Campground, February 2012
This is a Tonto National Forest Campground at Roosevelt Lake, AZ.
Sites do not have hookups. There are flush toilets and showers.
We enjoyed this place.
GPS Coordinates: 33.73092, -111.20361

Site #38 in the Buckhorn Cholla loop:

Riverside Campground, February 2012
This is a Tonto National Forest Campground, downstream of Bartlett Lake, AZ on the Verde River.
It's about 23 miles east of Carefree, AZ.
Sites do not have hookups. There is a vault toilet.
We stayed here early in the week and it was empty.
Weekends are probably when big parties happen, based on all the litter around, including empty beer cans and broken bottles.
It might be a place to visit again, but the litter was a problem.

GPS Coordinates: 33.80897, -111.64787

Sites have a table and fire ring, but they are not numbered.

SB Cove Camping Area, February 2012
This is part of Tonto National Forest, on Bartlett Lake, AZ.
It's about 20 miles east of Carefree, AZ.
This is dispersed beach camping, an enjoyable experience. Find a spot you like and settle in.
You will find rock fire rings others have set up.
We stayed here in the middle of the week and had lot's of space.
At the entrance to the beach is a flush toilet.

GPS Coordinates: 33.86707, -111.61511
When the satellite images on Google Earth were taken, the water was over where we set up camp.

Cave Creek Regional Park, March 2012
This is a Maricopa County park in Cave Creek, AZ.
Loops and sites are paved. Sites have water and electric and come with a table and fire ring.
The park has flush toilets and showers.
They only have 38 sites. We reserved ours for a weekend stay.
Nice layout with Sonoran desert scenery.

GPS Coordinates: 33.82488, -112.01960

Site #27

Have a good one,

Neil & JoAnn
2017 Thor Compass 23TR

clkelley564
Explorer
Explorer
BigRedBill wrote:
clkelley564 wrote:
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Lake Buena Vista, FL Site 1741 Full Hookup, W/E/S/C Right near comfort station - Feb 2012

The evolution of a campsite

We love Disney World and had our first trip to Ft. Wilderness this past January. Great place! I have to ask, though -- did you get any grief for having both the trailer and motor home on the same campsite?

Not at all, the rangers came by several times even and spoke with us and never mentioned it. We were within the boundaries of the site, we didn't have vehicles hanging in the road, or extra vehicles at the site, no issues.
Carol & Rick
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 T@B ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.6 V8 2WD
http://www.mouseketab.blogspot.com

StaceyE
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the weekend at Rock Cut State Park in the Plum Grove area on site 189 by the playground. Good for our kids, but I didn't love the kids behind us cutting through our site with their little dogs barely under control. That stuff doesn't usually bother me, but 5 year old girls with dogs did, it really put our dog on edge. Next time we'll stay in the same loop but not directly on the playground.

The grass was a bit long for our liking, but I think that's because the campground isn't 'officially' open until May 1st? I guess we'll see when we go back in June.

Tom and Stacey
DD Nikki (14) and Kate (9)
Wrigley, our big black dog

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
bakerkids wrote:
Site 53, corner site, Pounds Hollow in the Shawnee National Forest, southern Illinois. Primitive. Very shady. Nice bathrooms (pit toilets), potable water.

Nice site - big enough for our rig too!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Site 53, corner site, Pounds Hollow in the Shawnee National Forest, southern Illinois. Primitive. Very shady. Nice bathrooms (pit toilets), potable water.

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

stoney0264
Explorer
Explorer

Jellystone in Marion NC Site B12. The pic is a little blurry but the shot of the fire was strange.

Steve & Tina
3 grown DD's (Don't camp with us much)
Duke (Yorkie)
Bailey (Boxer)
1999 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 6.0L and 3.73
Prodigy Brake Control
2006 Honda VTX1300s (mine)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Better Half)
2012 Outback 279RB

BigRedBill
Explorer
Explorer
clkelley564 wrote:
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Lake Buena Vista, FL Site 1741 Full Hookup, W/E/S/C Right near comfort station - Feb 2012

The evolution of a campsite

We love Disney World and had our first trip to Ft. Wilderness this past January. Great place! I have to ask, though -- did you get any grief for having both the trailer and motor home on the same campsite?

incampnut
Explorer
Explorer
garysol wrote:
Site #39 at Evergreen Rv Resort in Dundee Ohio. This may be the cleanest best run resort anywhere!

It ranks right up there! We love that place.
2011 Chevy 2500HD 4X4
2006 Durango 285RLS - Trailair pin box and suspension
Love of my life (wife, not the 5er..but on some days she may argue that) one seventeen year old son.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
To holyman: check rvparkreviews.com for info on CGs. Also you can post an inquiry (like the one you posted here) in the RV Parks etc. forum here - just start a new topic. This thread is primarily for pictures of campsites. Thanks, and good luck finding what you need!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375