cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on Myrtle Beach Travel Park

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in Myrtle Beach now for about 7 years. Always at the Willowtree RV Resort and one stay at Cypress Camp resort. Now that my daughters are grown and married (the youngest married last Saturday) it will be just my wife and I with our two Cocker Spaniels.

We really like Willowtree but you have to drive a fair distance to get anywhere. Cyprus had just opened and will be a very nice park when they implement everything they have planned.

I was curious what it would be like to stay on the beach for a change. We drove through the big three (with a visitor Pass) Pirate Land, Ocean Lakes, and Lakewood. It was peak season and they were packed full. In Ocean Lakes a young boy in a golf cart ran into my truck while I was stopped waiting for people to cross the road. They had no adult with them and fortunately no damage to my front bumper. I have ruled that park out.

We were also able to tour The Travel Park. It seemed more subdued then the others and I don't remember any golf carts. It was also getting dark and we only had a short time to tour.

For those of you who have stayed there can you provide details on what you like and don't like as well as what part of the park to stay in that would be best for us considering we have two dogs?

We will probably be going next summer in late June or early July.

Thanks!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
25 REPLIES 25

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on Huntington Beach SP.Have mix of shaded and open sites.Some full hookups the rest water and electric. Short walk to the beach from some sites.They have a camp store and a nature center with nature walks which were very informative. Short drive to Murrels Inlet where they have several good restaurants.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
sher9570 wrote:
Just a little warning about the Calzone, they are huge, we ordered two so we froze one and ate it on the way to Florida.
Good food...I think they might deliver maybe, it might be another place.
Enjoy!

Sher

Thanks!!
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Just a little warning about the Calzone, they are huge, we ordered two so we froze one and ate it on the way to Florida.
Good food...I think they might deliver maybe, it might be another place.
Enjoy!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
mockybird wrote:
Just steal a car. Heck you'll be back in no time. They won't care. ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL
I like the make some friends Idea better though.

LOL

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
Just steal a car. Heck you'll be back in no time. They won't care. ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL
I like the make some friends Idea better though.
Gary

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
sher9570 wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but the others are right it would be quite a walk but well worth it.
Maybe you can get a couple to go with you and they can drive.
When you leave the park, take a left, walk out to the end and there are some restaurants out there.
There's also a Pizza Chef right down from the park that had awesome wings and Calzones, that you can walk.
Have fun!

Sher

Wings and Calzones sounds perfect!! Hubby will most likely take his bike, so he could bike anywhere and get carry out for us! Weeeeeee!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but the others are right it would be quite a walk but well worth it.
Maybe you can get a couple to go with you and they can drive.
When you leave the park, take a left, walk out to the end and there are some restaurants out there.
There's also a Pizza Chef right down from the park that had awesome wings and Calzones, that you can walk.
Have fun!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Hokiehall wrote:
NekkidFish wrote:
mockybird wrote:
not a short trip to walk

Bummer. We weren't planning on taking a car.

Well you CAN walk but it would probably be a good 2 miles to it from the campground along Kings Road, which has a walkway, then on one of the connector streets (either Hilton Rd or Chestnut Road)to US 17 which does not have a walkway, and then a short distance along US 17 which has no sidewalk either. At least you wouldn't have to cross 17 to get there.

I'll probably just fix some shrimp on the barby. LOL

Hokiehall
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish wrote:
mockybird wrote:
not a short trip to walk

Well you CAN walk but it would probably be a good 2 miles to it from the campground along Kings Road, which has a walkway, then on one of the connector streets (either Hilton Rd or Chestnut Road)to US 17 which does not have a walkway, and then a short distance along US 17 which has no sidewalk either. At least you wouldn't have to cross 17 to get there.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
mockybird wrote:
not a short trip to walk

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
not a short trip to walk
Gary

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
sher9570 wrote:
We just left MBTP after spending this week there, the weather was great until Friday, much cooler but.... we have stayed at Pirate land, Lakewood and Ocean Lakes many times, this was our first time at MBTP and it won't be our last, minimal golf carts, peaceful, super people and we were ocean front. I could not have been happier!
Also if you want really good seafood I highly recommend Chesapeake House, awesome, so fresh, just perfect !!
Enjoy!!!

Sher

Sher, can we walk to the seafood place? So glad to hear such great reviews about the place!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
We just left MBTP after spending this week there, the weather was great until Friday, much cooler but.... we have stayed at Pirate land, Lakewood and Ocean Lakes many times, this was our first time at MBTP and it won't be our last, minimal golf carts, peaceful, super people and we were ocean front. I could not have been happier!
Also if you want really good seafood I highly recommend Chesapeake House, awesome, so fresh, just perfect !!
Enjoy!!!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
So happy to read good things about the Travel Park, as we are planning on staying there in May and September!

All I can go off is the map, and we are hoping to get a spot next to the lake, on the ocean side.