cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations for an RV resort in Arizona?

zxer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

We're looking for an RV resort/campground in Arizona.
Something with good amenities, not too far from a good sized city.
Looking for sun and warmth in January!
Thanks for any help.

Dan
8 REPLIES 8

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
With about 73 RV Parks in the Yuma area not to worry. Throw in the 1000 or so private lots available and your good to go.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
January, you say??? If you haven't already booked a reservation, you may be out of luck. The Canadians are back this year.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Skyberg01
Explorer
Explorer
In Yuma, Cocopah RV and Golf Resort.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
If looking for an RV Resort with amenities near a metro area for January, you need to be hitting the phones now. Most metro area RV parks resorts are booked a year or more in advance and often with seasonal returning guest.

Especially since the Canadian border has opened. We're currently in a resort near the California/Arizona border and the flood of Canadian RVers has been huge here. We arrived October 8th and pretty much had much of the facility to ourselves. Now the constant stream has quickly ended the solitude. They are joyous at being able to head to the Southwest. And they all say they're not leaving until March/April.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
zxer wrote:
Hi

Thanks for any help.

Dan

I would look for RV resorts as least 20 miles away from downtown Phoenix. i.e. El Mirage, Surprise. Primarily for reasons of cost and quiet country areas. Make your reservations as soon as possible.

I would not recommend the resort Pubelo El Mirage. It is at the end of Luke Air Force base and the jets taking off and landing are so loud you can hardly hear and talk to people.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Canyon Vista RV in Gold Canyon, Az is tops in our book. We spent several winters at that park.. https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/arizona/gold-canyon/canyon-vistas-rv-resort-140
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
zxer wrote:
Hi

Thanks for any help.

Dan

I would look for RV resorts as least 20 miles away from downtown Phoenix. i.e. El Mirage, Surprise. Primarily for reasons of cost and quiet country areas. Make your reservations as soon as possible.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
If looking for an RV Resort with amenities near a metro area for January, you need to be hitting the phones now. Most metro area RV parks resorts are booked a year or more in advance and often with seasonal returning guest.

The major area would be the Phoenix metro, Tucson metro and the Yuma metro. There are smaller town like places but the "resorts" tend to be centered in one of those three areas.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.