cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Red Gate Farms campground Savannah Georgia

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I are staying at Red Gate Farms campground this Thursday thru Sunday. It's been a long time since we were in the area. We have a 90 minute horse trail ride scheduled one day. Any thoughts or opinions on the campground itself and things to do in the area. We probably will go into down town Savannah on Saturday to explore and eat.
8 REPLIES 8

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
so is your trail ride at Red Gate or somewhere else? Just curious, I wouldn't think Red Gate would be big enough for 90 minute trail ride.

The ride is on the grounds. If you have been there then you know where the Mackey house is located. The trails go back in behind their.

Nice ride. Wife and I are both newbies when it comes to horses. The young lady instructing and leading us on ride was patient and very knowledgeable.

richy2
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last year. Like the name implies, it is a big field with nothing to do, however it is convenient to Savannah. I thought it was way overpriced, next time I will stay at
Skidaway island state park.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
If you are into GREAT Southern food go to Mrs Wilkes Boarding House on 197 W Jones
Only open M-F from 11a.m. To 2 p.m. For lunch..but great atmosphere and food..Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
so is your trail ride at Red Gate or somewhere else? Just curious, I wouldn't think Red Gate would be big enough for 90 minute trail ride.

It's thru their website. I will let you know how it goes.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
We went there for valentine's weekend, had a good time, good weather, nice place.

Went to Savanah 1 day, troll tour. They pick you up at campground
Went to Hilton Head 1 day
Went to Tybee Island, ate at the crab shack or crab house
Toured the wildlife refuge so my boy could see the gators.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Not a huge amount of things to do at the park, other than walk or play in field. Lots to do in Savannah.. Red Gate is easy access to historic and tourist sites. Take several hours to visit the river front and River Street. Azaleas should still be in profuse bloom and other spring flowers will be blooming too, so take the time to walk several of the parks. Consider one of the on and off trams, to give you an overview of the historic parts of the city.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We love the city tour.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE