cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Riverside Pines campground, Chestertown, NY

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
It's a good thing, I believe, to post a review of a really enjoyable campground stay. This was a pass through visit, traveling home to MD from Montreal. A nice late summer one night stay, in the Adirondacks. First, the staff was friendly and accommodating, as we were running a little late coming from Ausable Chasm, and the sun was setting. They waited for us to arrive, and gave us a pleasant drive through site. It was quiet and laid back, being a weeknight, at a campground with many seasonal regulars who were not there. Nice rustic but well kept bathroom amenities, reminded me of enjoyable campgrounds of my youth. The best thing, and it was great, was the complete, home cooked breakfast served at the lacquered wood slab counter. This alone was reason to visit this campground. Good conversation all the while. The outdoor patio, which we did not have the opportunity to enjoy, hinted at some good evening parties here. I took a walk down to the river before leaving, and saw a wood deck, small beach, and a few boats that indicate some potential activities. So while we had to move on, we lamented that we did not have enough time for a good campfire, or time on the river, but the setting was great, and we will plan to return some day. Very convenient to the Interstate (I-87). For a nice stay, some retro campground vibes, and a great breakfast, try this location out. By the way, we noted a pizza oven, and we understand that some great homemade pizza by a former pizza chef is made here. Too bad we were on the road again.
0 REPLIES 0