cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from eastern PA at end of Feb

Misssmb
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! We dislike 95 so the last two years we have been traveling 81 to 77 to head south. Last year someone tried to steal our towable dune buggy at our first stop of Fort Chiswell. Can someone recommend another rv park to stop at or another route? We will not being staying there again!
5 REPLIES 5

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We usually stay at Claytor Lake State Park.

Misssmb
Explorer
Explorer
I don't why us except we walked up the street to the little Mexican restaurant for dinner. That was the only time we left and it was dark. It is a NY Giant's dune buggy so maybe it appealed to someone. Haha! It's a shame because we like it there too but my hubby refuses to go back.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Ft. Chriswell up and down every year (20+ times) and never had a problem.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I've used KOA's in the winter if I need an actual campground. The one in Staunton was fine, don't know the one in Wytheville. There is a Walmart in Marion that folks review as fine, if you do such.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are other parks in the same area you might try, but I suspect the incident at Ft Chiswell was a singular event that's unlikely to reoccur. We've stayed there many times over the years without a hint of any trouble. I believe the nearby KOA gets pretty good reviews...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate