cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks from Crofton, MD to Charleston, SC

JL7456
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling in our motorhome from Crofton MD to final destination of Charleston, SC. We would like to go about three hours the first night and finish the trip the following day or about five more hours. Need recommendations for an overnight campground South of Richmond VA on I-95. Americamp at Ashland or Yogi Bear at Emporia VA are being considered. Anyone stay at either one? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
We've used the Americamp above Richmond several times. Easy on & easy off I-95, services available and places to eat. Works great for an overnight. We no longer patronize Jellystone parks.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:

We have also stopped at New Green Acres in Waltorboro, SC before. Its a nice park with an evergreen canopy just off of Rt 95. Again, easy on/off, clean bathrooms and a good price.

This is a good resource if you go up and down the I95 corridor often, http://www.i95exitguide.com/camping/. This shows all kinds of stuff within 10 miles of Rt 95... food, gas stations, camping, attractions, etc. We use it all the time.

Green Acres is fine (unless it's raining and then puddles can swallow Volkswagons) but it's a LONG way south of Richmond.

We've stayed a few times at Pocahantas State Park below the city of Richmond. Easy access from/to 95, sites with electricity. Quiet the times we've been there.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another for Carolina Crossroads. Great park, easy on/off, clean bathrooms. If you come in after 6pm and leave before 8am (something like that) it was only like $25 or something like that.

We have also stopped at New Green Acres in Waltorboro, SC before. Its a nice park with an evergreen canopy just off of Rt 95. Again, easy on/off, clean bathrooms and a good price.

This is a good resource if you go up and down the I95 corridor often, http://www.i95exitguide.com/camping/. This shows all kinds of stuff within 10 miles of Rt 95... food, gas stations, camping, attractions, etc. We use it all the time.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
JL7456 wrote:
We will be traveling in our motorhome from Crofton MD to final destination of Charleston, SC. We would like to go about three hours the first night and finish the trip the following day or about five more hours. Need recommendations for an overnight campground South of Richmond VA on I-95. Americamp at Ashland or Yogi Bear at Emporia VA are being considered. Anyone stay at either one? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Ashland is north of Richmond..just....but if you can make it to the NC border...go to Carolina Crossroads....nice overnight..Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
It's north of Richmond, but I have spent the night at Kosmos RV Village in Glen Allen, VA. Small place with no amenities, but it was a level pull through lot with fuel across the street.

http://www.kosmovillage.com/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page