cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Resort in Portland Maine,Old Orchard Beach

2004_Coachman
Explorer
Explorer
My Wife and I decided to go North from Long Island for our Summer Vacation.Portland Maine seems to be the place.any thoughts on RV Resorts,I've looked at Paradise Park,The Grove,Bailey's.We want to be able to hop on a campground provided trolley to the Beach and The Pier.WES is a must,Usable working Wifi as well.I would love to hear The Pro's and Con's of All.We are traveling in a Class c.Thanks so much in advance
18 REPLIES 18

2004_Coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone's input.never mind Trip advisor,there should be RV advisor.you guys were such a big help.I think I will try Hidn'Pines for a few days then head south and stop at Libby's.Any sites better or worse than others at Hidn'Pines and Libby's? any sites to stay away from?.Thanks so much!!!

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I also like Hid'n Pines. Some sites are small but the newer section has larger sites. The restrooms are spotless and the free showers are quite ample.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Maine and every year we take a week and go to Old Orchard. Our campground of choice has always been Hid'n Pines Family campground. It is situated about 1 1/2 mile from the beach and they do have a shuttle that will bring you there. Clean campground, friendly staff, pool and playground..... and next to a grocery store which is a big plus (food, beer, wine).
Old Orchard is also 15 minutes from South Portland (Shopping area and restaurants) and 30 minutes from Portland and the Old Port.
Welcome to Maine
Dre

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Bailey's a few times. We like the double wide sites in the back by the kayak dock. The sites around Ashley's pond are large but we do not like those sites because there are no trees. The trolly makes 2 stops, Pine Point, a nice quiet beach, and then at Old Orchard. During the summer they may run a trolly to the water parks, but that may cost.
Not too far is York where we stay at Libby's. Right on the ocean! The town trolly $ runs all day and you can hop onto the transit connector trolly and ride to Perkins Cove and beyond. Check out Libby's web site. You are parked right next to your neighbor but the view and sound of the ocean is worth it. You can walk across the street from Libby's to a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our grown kids love to go there when they visit us.
See you on the road!

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Sunseeker wrote:
My Wife and I decided to go North from Long Island for our Summer Vacation.Portland Maine seems to be the place.any thoughts on RV Resorts,I've looked at Paradise Park,The Grove,Bailey's.We want to be able to hop on a campground provided trolley to the Beach and The Pier.WES is a must,Usable working Wifi as well.I would love to hear The Pro's and Con's of All.We are traveling in a Class c.Thanks so much in advance

we go with our daughter and her family...3 little boys..in 2 motorhomes..but hard to get around in one car with the 7 of us and car seats....so we stayed at Wagon Wheel a cpl of times but found it extremely active and busy...now remember we have 3 boys from 7 the oldest
last year we stayed at Silver Springs C/G..out on Rt 1-Portland Rd...we all liked this campground..had a playground,swimming pool and the trolley runs to the pier like every 1/2 hr..yet your sites were quite for us older people and the people very friendly...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

FC
Explorer
Explorer
Baileys is truly a resort campground with almost every amenity. Hard to beat it.
JM2CW
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Bayley's a couple yrs ago ... we stayed in the back part, sites were large, electric voltage and water pressure proper. It's quieter in the back part... up by the pool and store area, lots of activity and noise.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

2004_Coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for everyone's input!!You all are very kind

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Ne're Family Campground in OOB year before last. It is NOT a resort, but has FHU and good WIFI. It's 3 blocks from the beach and overlooks the whole town. It is directly across the street from the lobster pound. During the off-season (2nd week of June), the cost was $35/night.

The bath house was old, but cleaned regularly, it had a small but usable pool. The place was pretty full with persons of French Canadian descent and French was the language most spoken.

If/when we return, we will stay there again. For the price, it can't be beat. We did ride through the other resorts and were happy with our first choice.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Portland ME, Scarborough ME and Old Orchard Beach are next to each other, Wells is somewhat south and Bar Harbor is way north. In the area there are about a dozen campgrounds, some nice, some not so much, most are crowded and busy. Bayleys is big, 700 sites. Some sites are tight, many other are good size. Bayleys owns their own shuttle, other campground are on a shuttle loop. Wild Acres is nice and you can walk to the beach but you are 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the pier. Paradise Park is closet to the pier and central area, it seems more crowded than som. Powder horn and Hid n pines is just up the street owned by the same people. We have stayed at Bayleys, Wild Acres and Powderhorn and would stay at any again,w will be at Bayleys in Sept. Saco KOA is out on the main drag but seems nice as well. Good luck.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
If you have kids, they will love Baileys, place is packed with amenities and fun things to do for the family. Book the back part of the campground, it's much newer with large sites.

Paradise Park is nice to, not as much amenities compared to Baileys but place is a clean, family park. older sites up front/closest to the beach are small but just with in walking distance to beach (if your young). newer/larger sites in back get grabbed quick... are tough to book.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Try Wells Beach Resort Campground. Great campground, has everything you are asking for. We were on site 140 or 141. In the back it it nice and quite.

klm
Explorer
Explorer
If you are w/out kids, check out Wild Ducks in Scarborough. Nice, quiet cg - downside is no shuttle to the beach.
'02 KOUNTRY STAR DP
2012 HONDA FIT "PUMPKINMOBILE"
GILLIGAN- 1ST MATE CAT - 3 HR TOUR

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
How about the Saco/Old Orchard beach KOA? Not that far from Portland, ME.