cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV sites near Raleigh, NC

Quadcab
Explorer II
Explorer II
My son & his new wife are moving to Raleigh in 2 weeks, and DW wants us to visit him this October after they get settled in. We will be coming from Michigan, and while we are down there would like to visit some RV campgrounds for future trips. Anyone familiar with parks within 30 minutes of the Raleigh/Cary area??? Full hook-ups would be best, but we are looking for the best location primarily. Thanks!
Quadcab
2018 Titan XD 5.6 V8 Kingcab
2018 PT Crusader Lite 28RL
10 REPLIES 10

watt100
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at crosswinds last week, last year sometime they have upgraded all electric to 50A service plus upgraded all bath houses.
Also upgraded electric at popular point 1st couple loops not sure how many to 50A and upgraded bath houses there also.
No sewer but have dump stations at entrance.
2016 Ram 3500 SRW
2016 Grand Design Reflection

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife works for NC State at a remote site. Occasionally she has to go to Raleigh for conference's. We always pull our fiver to Raleigh Four Oaks Resort and stay there. It is only a short commute down interstate 40 into Raleigh. We have been doing that for years and it is my only suggestion to you.
Whatever you do make sure it is this one

Raleigh Oaks RV Resort & Cottages
527 US Highway 701 South
Four Oaks NC, 27524

There is another cg nearby using a variation of that name you DO NOT want to stay at.

Ask for the premium pull through at they are at the front of the cg. It is a very nice place.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The NC state Fairgrounds are first come first serve, no reservations.
The Fairgrounds are closed to the public during the State Fair period that includes set up and tear down.
Local state parks and private campgrounds will be booked during the same period. Other than weekends reservations will be available near Raleigh after the Fair.
Puma 30RKSS

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Crosswinds campground at Jordan Lake State Park. Their sites have water & 30A service only. Dump station on entrance road. Very busy so often difficult to get sites. 20 minutes from Cary. Jordan Lake state park has a few othe campgrounds, too
http://www.jordanlakenc.org/crosswinds-campground.html
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Look at your Good Sam app in map view to find what is available in the area.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll get you the name of it but there is a real nice state campground on the east side of Jordan lake. Thats about 15 min from Raleigh and about as close as you can get

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
The state fair is the third week in October, I think. I'm guessing the fairgrounds campground might not be available then.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
A lot depends on where in Raleigh they are moving. There are a couple of RV parks South of town near Garner. As mentioned, the NC State Fairgrounds offer full hook ups.
The campsites in local state parks offer only water and 30A service with a dump at the entrance. There is an awesome RV resort in Four Oaks called Raleigh Oaks RV Resort, about 30 miles South of Raleigh. Where in Raleigh are that moving?
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Falls lake state park is the closest one I know of.

John H Kerr reservoir is about 30 miles north, there are 4 or 5 other state parks there.
state parks map

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at my RVPARKY app the closest is the NC state fairgrounds. It says they have full hookups and 50 anp electric. 30 dollar rate per night as of 2 months ago. I've never used this campground so look it up yourself to see if it suits you.