cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio CG near bus route to Downtown

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
YEars ago we travelled through TX and stopped in San Antonia - stayed at a CG where we could just walk out the road and catch the city bus that would take us downtown to the sites. Could someone help me out with the name. I remember it was a large CG.
We don't take a car with us.
13 REPLIES 13

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Hankjoe wrote:
Thanks all & will try to avoid those Railroad tracks if stay at Travelers World

The office will give you printed directions. FYI, The directions are the same as the directions on the Good Sam Trip Planner.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all & will try to avoid those Railroad tracks if stay at Travelers World

JColeman
Explorer
Explorer
You can also stay at Hidden Valley RV Park and take uber and Lyft.
If you stay at Travelers World there is a bus stop right outside their entrance. The San Antonio KOA is also close to downtown and has availability to bus, uber and lyft.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
We attended the final four this spring in San Antonio & we set up camp at Greenlake RV Resort. Loved it! We used Uber & Lyft from the RV park to downtown. Price was only (IIRC about $12) & you got a pick up from the CG & a drop off at the river walk (or where ever you want). Just a FYI
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there a few years ago but made the mistake of trying to return by bus during rush hour. Would try to avoid the bus to Travelers World at rush hour, if possible.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
A couple years ago we stayed at the KOA. It is on a bus route also and is adjacent to a nice paved bicycle trail.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
charming wrote:
We are at Traveler's World now, great bus service, we see many all over the city plus they have buses going to all of the missions.

The lots are nice, not a lot of shade in the short term lots, but we have not had a problem this trip. Nice dog park, good size lots with gravel parking and concrete patio. If you are going soon, they are offering a good discount during the week or you can use other 10% discounts. We can vouch for the bad rail road crossings in the area.

We are now trying to determine the best way to get over to I-10 east.

Ask the lady at campground. When registering on line they showed a map on how best to get to the campground. When leaving she gave me a map of how best to get to I-10 east.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

charming
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Traveler's World now, great bus service, we see many all over the city plus they have buses going to all of the missions.

The lots are nice, not a lot of shade in the short term lots, but we have not had a problem this trip. Nice dog park, good size lots with gravel parking and concrete patio. If you are going soon, they are offering a good discount during the week or you can use other 10% discounts. We can vouch for the bad rail road crossings in the area.

We are now trying to determine the best way to get over to I-10 east.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes thats where I stayed a few years ago, and they sell a lot of pressure regulators.

Hankjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks will check it out - Travelers World sounds like the place - picturing in mind mind there wasn't shade - lots of campers.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World is a good place EXCEPT 160# + water pressure. Get a good regulator if you don't have one. A little over priced but we would stay there again and NO shade. Gives Veteran discounts.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Travelers World is one. Bus stop right in front and on a main street that goes directly downtown. We would stay there again. But if you choose that park donโ€™t take E Southcross Blvd from I-37 to get there. Bad rail crossing.

I believe the KOA is also on a bus route.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Bus pickup
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.