cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scranton I-81 construction

napanee_ted
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me if the Major Construction on I 81 through Scranton Pa. has been completed

Regards
11 REPLIES 11

jergeod
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to miss that mess jump on 476 in Clark Summit and get back off on 81 past Scranton, cost us $6 in Oct. That way you don't have to mess with any of the construction.
George & Jerri
USMC VET
Jayco Eagle 339 flqs
upstate NY

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
napanee ted wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Major Construction on I 81 through Scranton Pa. has been completed

Regards

Came down I-84 through CT, NY into PA and picked up I-81. This was this past Monday, Nov 10. Construction around Scranton was in full swing.
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
We took 209 back to 81 in October. It by passed the construction area for us. It was our 1 st time doing it and we liked it.
Nancy

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
NanciL wrote:
We travel I-81 from NC to Mass. several times a year and for as long as I can remember we get held up by construction.
We also travel the entire east coast from up state NY to Florida several times a year, and PA is the absolutely worst.
Especially those stupid "safety zones" where the speed limit is either 50 or 55.
It is a two faced state, and they either should enforce the signs, or take them down.
They only problem with enforcing them is the entire state would be one big parking lot from one end to the other !

Jack L

Likewise we travel NH to FL several times a year. PA roads have to be some of the worst in the nation.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
We travel I-81 from NC to Mass. several times a year and for as long as I can remember we get held up by construction.
We also travel the entire east coast from up state NY to Florida several times a year, and PA is the absolutely worst.
Especially those stupid "safety zones" where the speed limit is either 50 or 55.
It is a two faced state, and they either should enforce the signs, or take them down.
They only problem with enforcing them is the entire state would be one big parking lot from one end to the other !

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
It varies as anywhere to the time of day that you are going through.

Agreed that it seems to be going on perpetually, but now since they bumped gas prices up $0.20+ per gallon for road construction, at least it feels like you are paying for something. But don't worry, those nice surfaces will be gone in less than a year.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Southbound the construction starts below the Clark's Summit exit so if you want to avoid the construction you can get on the Turnpike and then exit below all the construction. BUT now they have construction on the tall bridge over Clark's Summit but it is clear after that.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
Jennifer9 wrote:
I was through there about 3 weeks ago and no, it was not completed. I think that construction in Scranton has been going on for 20+ years!
๐Ÿ˜‰

Agreed. I've been traveling through there since the late 70s. I think they are almost done !
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Went thru there southbound October 4th towing our TT, wasn't bad at all. Some construction but nothing like it was over the past couple of years. Actually commented to my wife how good the road surface was.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
When you travel in Pennsylvania, expect road construction/repairs.

You're usually not disappointed.

Jennifer9
Explorer
Explorer
I was through there about 3 weeks ago and no, it was not completed. I think that construction in Scranton has been going on for 20+ years!
๐Ÿ˜‰