cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spot between Gettysburg PA, and Lansing, MI?

reinita
Explorer
Explorer
We're at Gettysburg Campground and considering heading home a day early and splitting the trip back home into two days. The trip here took 12 hours and we'd rather not do that again.
Open to suggestions. We like wooded campsites. Don't have to have FHU but do want electric. We travel in a Class C and have two doggies.
Thanks!
Forest River Sunseeker 3170 bunkhouse. We travel with a Leonberger, a 22-year-old, 19-year-old and 12-year-old.
7 REPLIES 7

reinita
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify, then, the closest SP is 45 to 60 minutes away? Thanks again.
Forest River Sunseeker 3170 bunkhouse. We travel with a Leonberger, a 22-year-old, 19-year-old and 12-year-old.

NUCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I need to correct the last post. Alum Creek is a nice park, but its not close to I-70, but rather its just off I-71 between Columbus and Delaware, Oh. The travel time is probably closer to 45-60 minutes to
Pickerington in non rush hour traffic.

We like the state parks on the north coast (Lake Erie) East Harbor or Maumee SP near Toledo.

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Alum Creek State Park is near I 70. This is North of Columbus. Pickerington would be about 30 minutes in non rush traffic.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

reinita
Explorer
Explorer
We have family near Pickerington, Ohio. Anything nice near there?

reinita
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. We drove through toll roads (80, 76). Does that help?

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Do you go through Canada ( sarnia) ?
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on route you're taking. If toll roads, stop at milemarker 238 on OH turnpike. They have rv area with electric, dump station, dog walking area. There's also one closer to PA/OH line, don't remember mm#
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD