2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
5 REPLIES 5

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Like most "Best of" lists, they're blatant advertising and only appeal to a small portion of (in this case) the camping community.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Interesting article, thanks for posting it.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Sunset mag trots out similar regional "best" lists every year; some are good recommendations, some (IMO) aren't. Some have significant limitations for equipment type and size that aren't mentioned, and some have some real shortcomings that would sure preclude the campgrounds from making any "list" that I put together. For example, Kirk Creek (On Hwy. 1 south of Lucia, CA) makes the list every year despite sites that are rutted and very un-level, pit toilets that can gag campers when the wind is right, and the only trail to the beach below is so covered in poison oak that it's impassable. There's also poison oak *in* the campsites; some have more, some less.

Good points: nice ocean views, usually quiet, even when full (as it usually is), and the camp host keeps the garbage cans tidy. Lots of people love this campground; I'm not one of them. ๐Ÿ™‚

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
"From Santa Barbara to Big Sur"

Oops, the list just may go a bit further north.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Thanks for posting!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard