Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Peak , formally Pinnacle RV Park, Lawton OK

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am looking for any info on just 1 certain place,
The Peak, formally Pinnacle RV park in LAWTON, OK.
I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there in past 12 months. I planning on trip to area possible this weekend, I looked at RV park reviews last seen was in 2017, trying to get more up to date info on park. Not everyone writes reviews when they stay somewhere.

I know about the refuge nearby, this spring break week and they are full most of times and don't reserve sites, so don't need any info on them.

please only place I mentioned,
Thanks and happy camping
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
scout dad wrote:
Debbie, there are 2 parks one is across street from each other. Was looking for another option as the Wichita refuge was booked up. Have not been yet, the last review I seen was from 2017 so not much to go on.
so

Thanks. Be sure to check out Great Plains State Park just north west of Lawton in Snyder. We camp there with a group all the time. Pretty place. I'll have to take a ride an check out the other two places.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Debbie, there are 2 parks one is across street from each other. Was looking for another option as the Wichita refuge was booked up. Have not been yet, the last review I seen was from 2017 so not much to go on.
so

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Altus 50 miles east of Lawton. Haven't heard of this RV park. If you stay there would love to hear your review of it.
We normally stay at Great Plains State Park in Snyder, OK. We camp at GPSP with about 6-8 other people. Some ride bikes, fish, boat. It's nice and clean and pretty.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have tent camped at Camp Doris and visited Scott Mtn in the Wichita Mtn Wildlife Refuge many times over the years. Didn't know about Peak RV Park...

The REFUGE is a great place with kids as wild animals roam all over the refuge. The Prairie Dog City draws the biggest crowd...

You certainly have to watch where you step after dark hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dedmiston
Hi Scout Dad,

I recommend you edit your post and change the topic title to something more specific, so readers can respond appropriately.

A topic title like "The Peak RV Park in Lawton, OK" would be more descriptive.

Good luck,
Dave

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230