cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand Trails memberships

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate your opinions and experiences with Thousand Trails. I am considering a membership and seek experiences with the same.
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif
17 REPLIES 17

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We had a membership not directly Thousand Trails. It did not work for us. We were still working at the time. Were were not able to get into even our home park. Then our membership campground system went public. Owners were more after money from non-members and didn't care about members. Filed complete with state attorney general to get money back.
You need to be careful of language about what parks and where they are located.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have never been a member.
Do a Google search on Thousand Trails scam, ripoff, etc. before you sign a contract.

I avoid things with an 'automatic renewal' clause and you must contact them at least 30 days prior to expiration, in writing, to cancel.
I'm sure some have had good luck with Thousand Trails. It sounds like a Time Share to me. JMO

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
1) Better make absolutely certain that you understand their terms and exactly what you will be paying yearly. Divide that total sum by how many days a year you will be using it.
2) Make certain you understand what parks you can go to. And which you cannot.
3) Be very sure that you will use those parks every year enough to make this cost efficient. And will keep on doing that for years and years to come.
4) Look on the sites that sell these memberships from people who did not do 1 thru 3 and buy at a discount.

Frankly my personal view is that 1000 trails is the time sharing scheme of the RV world.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper