cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand Trails RV parks.

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
Where would I find information on the Thousand trails RV parks??
Any information would be welcome. as to locations, price, condition of parks. Have you ever stayed in any ?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a bunch for the input. It really helped.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
phillyg wrote:
larry cad wrote:
We are currently staying at Thousand Trails Orlando Fl. for the next two weeks, with full hookups, and it is costing us nothing! At the end of this two weeks, we will move up the road (Rt 27) to an Encore park for two weeks, again, full hookups and for free......

So, if I have the right membership, I can move from park to park without doing 7 nights out? I currently only have a zone membership. How far ahead can you reserve, because getting reservations in FL in Jan-Mar is difficult.

Short answer is yes, you can. Also, getting a spot in Florida this year was unusually bad due to the influx of Canadian campers after 2 years of being unable due to CV.

Best way to get reservations sometimes is to keep calling every day. Many times we have gotten reservations that didn't exist the day before, by calling and getting sites that were cancelled. You have to be persistent.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
I currently only have a zone membership. How far ahead can you reserve, because getting reservations in FL in Jan-Mar is difficult.
We have had a zone pass for the past three years. We have been able to get reservations at parks in Florida each year by booking on the first day that they are available to us (60 days out). We are currently in the Orlando (Clermont) Thousand Trails for 14 days. After our week out, we will be at 3 Flags for 14 days. As we head North, we will be at Green Mountain for 14 days. We have stayed at a few other Thousand Trails parks. Some are better than others. Every Thousand Trails park we have considered or stayed at was listed in RV Park Reviews.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
phillyg wrote:
larry cad wrote:
We are currently staying at Thousand Trails Orlando Fl. for the next two weeks, with full hookups, and it is costing us nothing! At the end of this two weeks, we will move up the road (Rt 27) to an Encore park for two weeks, again, full hookups and for free......

So, if I have the right membership, I can move from park to park without doing 7 nights out? I currently only have a zone membership. How far ahead can you reserve, because getting reservations in FL in Jan-Mar is difficult.

We have Thousand Trails Elite and added Trails Collection. All of that allows us to move between TT parks and Encore parks with no charge. You can book 120 days ahead. No charge for either park.

There is a charge to move up from TT to Elite, and a charge to add Trails collection. Also, this included ALL parks. Forget about the zones.

Our Travel Blog

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry cad wrote:

--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are currently staying at Thousand Trails Orlando Fl. for the next two weeks, with full hookups, and it is costing us nothing! At the end of this two weeks, we will move up the road (Rt 27) to an Encore park for two weeks, again, full hookups and for free. In total, we will stay at TT or Encore parks for 3 months, in Florida, with full hookups, during winter, for free. Normally the rate is around $80 or more each night. That would be about $7200 for a three month winter stay in Florida.

The membership cost us less than half that, and we pay a fee once a year of $470.

That's the good news. The bad news is you have to wade your way through all their levels and decide what fits you best. It is complex, and takes time to understand it, but in the end, if you camp a lot, it easily pays for itself.

Our Travel Blog

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the Thousand Trails zone pass for the last several years. I have the Southeast zone. I have saved a lot of $$$ with this membership. When I went out west, I added the Northwest zone and used a few of the parks in WA. There are several levels of memberships. If you plan to purchase a full membership, thoroughly research it. Resale memberships are popular and you can save quite a bit of money. On a scale of 1-10, I have found the parks I stayed in from a 5 to a 10.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in a few. Those in Texas, Tennessee, Florida and Illinois. The parks are free to members(although there are some surcharges, 50a service, etc.). We have noticed a marked fall in quality and service. You can make reservations through rvonthego.com if not a member. We were members for over 20 years and got rid of it 2 years ago due to all the issues.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to search Thousand Trails on You Tube. In the meantime, you might want to watch this member.Enjoy the Journey
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.