cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip report

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We're spending our last night on the road of our trip to Disney.Left Pa last Friday and headed to Tennessee to pick up the grand kids.Spent the night at Newport/Smoky Mtns KOA,Pull through site,nothing special but real friendly,helpful staff.Good for one night stop.Next night spent at Colleton State Park in South Carolina. Small park with water and electric hookups right off I 95. Friendly staff.Next day,Ft Wilderness.What can I say.Great campground.Spent 4 days there,then headed for High Falls State Park about a half hour north of Macon, Georgia.There are 2 campgrounds,Lake and River.River is great.Must have been designed by an RVer.Nice long sites,easy to get into.Big enough for any RV. Friendly staff.Water and electric,nice shower houses.Next day met up with son and DIL to drop off grandkids which we did at Cedar of Lebanon State Park in Tennesse.Didn't check out the campground.Tonight we're at Lakeview RV Park in Bristol,Tenn.Full hookups,big sites.I 95,40,26,75 and 81 all in good shape.Very little construction.We had excellent weather.Just a little rain around Atlanta.Hopefully home tommorow evening.
2 REPLIES 2

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the report!

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Here's more.Roads generally were in good shape.Alot better than when we took our trip we took to Arizona in 1998. The roads in the south were generally better than those in the northeast.The only place I would avoid is going around Atlanta.This is the second time we went around Atlanta and next time I will avoid it like the plaque.We went through around 5am to avoid rush hour but there was still alot of traffic.People in the south seem to be generally a little nicer and willing to go out of their way to help.At the Newport/Smoky Mtn KOA,I needed to get one of our propane tanks refilled.I went to the office and paid for it.One of the employees drove me back to my site,picked up the tank and took it back,filled it and delivered it back to our site.Never experienced that before.Gas prices went from a high of $3.59 to a low of $2.98.The lowest price we paid was $3.08.Generally the places with the lowest prices were full making it hard to get in and out of.My first priority is finding a place with easy in and out,not lowest price.Campground rates went from a low of $18.00 a night for water and electric at Colleton State Park in SC,to a high of $90 a night at Disney.The others were in the $30 range.WE spent 2.5 days at the Magic Kingdom and one day at Animal Kingdom.Did the Hoop de Do Review and Princess and Prince make ups for the grand kids at the Bibby it Boobity Botique.I thought both were worth it.The number of baby coaches at Disney is incredible.There are so many that some attractions have full time employees to manage them.I counted almost 100 of them at one attraction.And this was during a time when park visitation was suppose to be low.I can't imagine what it would be like when visitation is high.You had to watch out for the 2 wide strollers when walking in crowds.Wait times were usually pretty short and the lines kept moving.