cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT Ready, Camp, Go Value card?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone purchased this yet? I woiuld like to know whether you are actually able to get in when you call for reservations. I like that it includes some of the Encore parks so that you can go nationwide. The zone pass gets expensive if you want multiple zones. We are finally starting our fulltime journey & are looking for the best nationwide coverage fairly cheap...
7 REPLIES 7

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I had a RCG 15 nite card. It worked great on a vacation Northern Calif thru Oregon Coast in July. Got reservations for all in the 30 day window.
One great thing.. they say 7 nites out between properties.. One thing to note if you stay 4 nites or less there is NO 7 nite out. I stayed 4 nites at each of the Oregon Coast RV parks and went park to park. The last park gave me 2 nites (as I ran out of my 15 nites & needed one more) for the same price.

I found all of the Oregon coast parks beautiful. I have a 35' Class A and a tow car. a big plus was all 4 of these parks have indoor pools. Just FYI.

I have used the RCG card in Apache Junction (near Phoenix) in January.

So I have yet to run into a problem with availability.. oh correct that. I couldn't get into Palm Springs in Mid January. Dahhh as if I thought I would be able with only 30 days reservation window get in the most popular Winter Location in their system.

Biggest suggestion.. plan your trip.. go online and check out the locations you will be & see if there are RCG parks near. You can do the $49 and always buy more if you need it.

It's
$49 for 15 nites $25/nt plus $3 resort fee
$99 for 39 nites $20/nt plus $3 resort fee
$199 & $299 more nites $20/nt plus $3 resort fee

If you use it it's a good deal. I have the one pass and am thinking
about dropping it & go with the RCG card.. you get more resorts and
all over the nation.. not just per zone.

Dy
Northern Calif.
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."

deewhite0612
Explorer
Explorer
I am also interested the value in the Ready, Camp, Go card.
Michael and Daryl (Dee)
2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3778
2008 Saturn Vue XR V6
Blue Ox Alladin
Brake Buddy Classic

Candikane
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at that ready camp go card as well. We aren't taking off until Feb so i'd be buying it around then. I'm also using Passport America, Escapees, and Good Sams to try them all out.

What kind of blackouts are there with the RCG card?

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased one when we were in an area where there was actually a Thousand Trails/Encore park near where we wanted to be. I purchase the Value Card and made the reservation all at the same time, so if I had not been able to get the reservation, I would have just cancelled the transaction. If you are not aware of it, some Encore parks participate in the Passport America Program. Of course there are the typical restrictions, but if they accept it when you want to be there it is not a bad deal.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

Cam0612
Explorer
Explorer
We used the Ready Camp Go Card for about 3 years before getting into Zone Camping (NE/SE). Usually getting the Gold Card ($199) because gives 60 day reservation capability. Zone camping is OK and well worth the fees, however, the "free" campgrounds are really weird. We have the NE/SE zones, yet we have campgrounds in CA, WI, IN & WA to make up the no. of eligible campgrounds. You can camp at other campgrds (Encore/ELS, etc) at a discounted rate (15-20%)but it still costs $40+/- per night depending on campgrd. To get more camps with Zone, you must upgrade to a full TT membership, which market price is $5000 +/-. Ready Camp Go has a better choice of campgrounds ALL OVER the USA, (Thou. Trails, Outworld, Encore, ELS, etc. - Same camps as a full 1000 Trails membership) and still only costs your initial fee, plus the $20+3=$23 per night. We're stuck for 2 more years of Zone, but next year plan to get another Ready Camp Go card to supplement. We had never had a problem with RCG getting into a campground w/EWS except around holidays, but that's expected.

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
We have been quite happy with Coast to Coast for several years now. A Good Sam Company.

Entry costs can vary greatly from one member CG to another. Check several if you are interested. Negotiate them drastically. Start your offer at about a hundred dollars and wheel and deal from there.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
1000 Trails really makes sense when you fulltime. But buy your membership on the resale market - you ought to be able to find a good nationwide all-parks plan for around $2500, and you'll also be able to access the Encore parks at a discount. We tend to spend about half our year in 1000 Trails parks - so far this year we're planned out thru September with 177 1000 Trails nights booked.

Encore parks tend to be spendier than we like, but sometimes they are the best (or only) game in town, so we use them sparingly. All depends on where you want to go.

There are divisions within 1000 Trails - 1000 Trails, Naco, Outdoor World and Leisure Time. Make sure you get access to all of them.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.