cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tulsa - Broken Arrow, OKLA Campgrounds

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know (from experience) of a good campground/rv park near Tulsa or Broken Arrow, Oklahoma The parks I have found at rv parks review and on line seem to be marginal at best. We prefer a park that takes advanced reservations and need electric and water since we are traveling with a pet. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

tfdcc
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Broken Arrow also, there are not really any RV parks I would recommend in the immediate area. We have several lakes close to BA that we camp at, most are about 30 minutes from town. Go to the recreation.gov website. Taylors Ferry on Ft. Gibson Lake is nice.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mingo RV Park is the closest you will get to Broken Arrow. The Expo Center park is more of a commuting hassle, you will be a couple of miles to the nearest expressways.

There is nothing in the area that is RV Resort quality. There are some places in the northern park of the Grand Lake area (around Grove) that are pretty nice, well run, but nothing special.

Rving style in NE Oklahoma tends more in the direction of actual camping, mostly outdoor living, and the public campgrounds are a lot more popular than the RV parks, which tend to be parking lots in feel, and are often filled with people who are in the area for a few months to a few years, because they work. The presence of people who work tends to make for low ratings from recreational travelers.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Broken Arrow, but I never camp near home! Oh well. The COE Bluff Landing CG would be pretty close, and it has water/electric. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Using Woodalls.com search came up with these results
http://www.woodalls.com/Campground/Default.aspx?city=Tulsa&zip=&state=OK&country=USA&name=&goodsam=0...
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus