cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Typical problem we all see in RV parks.

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
Is it just me or have others experienced the loud trucks doing a warm up in the early morning in preparation to go to work. It happens to me no matter where I go.

We have a nice mother and daughter living across the street here in the park. The daughter is in her thirties and has a job at a motel down the road. She starts the loudest truck on the planet at 0645 and allows it to warm up rather than just put it in drive off. I'm an early riser but why do workers in rv parks need to disturb others?

I respect the fact that people need work and make a living but parks could place these rigs together in an area by themselves. Am I the only one griping about this?
76 REPLIES 76

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this. The neighbors truck is gas and has a modified exhaust which is the loudest I've ever heard. I'm sure it would not pass the loud test. She is now pulling out sooner and I've adapted to her schedule arising at 0630. That's 630 AM for you draft dodgers. This is not a world problem and I can handle it. The gal living there is on hard times, a single mom trying to make a living so I applaud her for working. All I want is a little consideration.

Workers in RV Parks are a way of life in the south as in most states.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Another first world problem thread. Some people need to walk a mile.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I only camp weekends and occasionally a few extra days so I rarely experience this at a park. However, where I live is a very quiet neighborhood with homes close together on 50x100 lots. I am the most โ€œworking classโ€ guy in the neighborhood but I do my best to be a good neighbor.

For example, about 2-3 nights per month I need to keep my bosses power stoke diesel ford service truck in my driveway for an early morning departure. To minimize disruption in the neighborhood, I ALWAYS back it in the night before so no reverse beep at 6:00 Am, even though itโ€™s akward opening drivers door against fence this way. I also set the block heater to come two hours ahead of departure even in mild cold weather to minimize noise, make sure I am ready to go when I start it up, wait 30 seconds, then idle down my street gently for a few blocks.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:

At this point 95% of diesel pickups on the road are as quiet as gas engines. Diesel noise is really on non issue.
Yes there are a few old trucks still out there but loud diesels are no longer commonplace.

Except for those individuals that insist on removing the muffler or installing a low flow one "for more power". They are noisy.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:
Diesels from the last 15 years or more don't need any warm up time.

Most don't even need a diesel. They only bought it because they think it sounds cool.

At this point 95% of diesel pickups on the road are as quiet as gas engines. Diesel noise is really on non issue.
Yes there are a few old trucks still out there but loud diesels are no longer commonplace.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
there is a couple of ignoramusโ€™s who make โ€˜if you canโ€™t afford a c/g sell your rigโ€™ comments.

JaxDad, don't you know that if you aren't doing it the exact way that they are, you're doing it wrong.:W This thread would be laughable if it weren't for all the juvenile responses.

"That OTHER person is inconsiderate in something they are doing, so I recommend SABOTAGING them"

"That OTHER person isn't doing exactly what I want, so they are the most inconsiderate person in the world"

"That OTHER person did something that offends me, so I will go out of my way to annoy everybody else around me to maybe get back at that one person"

What a bunch of sophomoric NIMBY cranks in this forum. If someone is so obnoxious, SAY SOMETHING TO THEM! Maybe they have a good reason for doing it, or maybe they just don't realize that its affecting other people. If you are too soft to confront someone, go to the park office and complain to them. If you have a legitimate complaint then the office will either speak with the "offender" or move you. If that doesn't work, find a different campground down the road. Coming on this forum and complaining about things doesn't solve anything and just shows how petty some of you guys are...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

Most don't even need a diesel. They only bought it because they think it sounds cool.

Some truth there. I don't NEED a diesel but it sure is nice to have the grunt it provides. And I do like the sound of my 2019 Duramax a lot more than my 2013 Duramax that I had. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found this thread absolutely hilarious!

Every time I mention Wally Docking, sleeping in a Rest Area, etc. (even after clearly mentioning itโ€™s because I rarely get off the road before midnight and am always back on the road at zero-dark-thirty and am just too considerate to disturb al those folks in a c/g trying to get some R&R time) there is a couple of ignoramusโ€™s who make โ€˜if you canโ€™t afford a c/g sell your rigโ€™ comments.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

shadowpup
Explorer
Explorer
One of my main gripes is, sites NOT leavel. Not all of us have levelers on our rigs, and when I pay $60+ for a one night pull thru, am I asking to much for it to be leavel?
Me and my Siberian Huskie (cat in a dog suit)
30' Safari Ivory class C

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you resent other people's behavior, doing the same to them is not going to help. Find a place you like that is quiet. That is why your rig has wheels.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the parks we were in had a couple of loud trucks - union workers who were staying. They were considerate enough they parked outside the gate so they didn't start their truck in the park. The problem is there are so many working families living in the parks now. That didn't used to be the case.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
It could be a lot worse. You could be getting up for work at 6am, and they could be you, living the dream. Sometimes you have to count your blessings.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Theres a facebook campground owners group we are members of where the discussion is 90% what to do with /about seasonals and permanents.
For many rv parks those are their bread and butter, and do try to place them in a separate section if the park can. You do not run into this in public camps due to necessary stay limits.
If you are unfortunate to get a site next to the long terms or the blue hairs ( also known in our business as 'Que Tips' for their white shoes, white dog or hair color, any 2 qualify) , the playground or pool, inevitably there will be some mixing .
not everyone can be pleased or placed within their group. How is a camp operator to know unless you give all that info and then ' lock' the site?
Rv Parks are a very fluid place. Workers come and go with their schedule, not always on 1st of month like snowbirds and sunbirds.
Heres an example of requests we get with some humor, not a joke.

Request a 50 a fhu spacious pull thru with no children or campfires near, shady with satellite tv,
no noisy vehicles low traffic area, near washrooms and laundry. Quiet time 7-7
full refund of deposit if we drive in and do not like what we see even though we hit the accept policy button. and looked at the camp on google earth.

Or we will write you bad reviews
This is not humorous or a joke. Its true.

I' ll be changing my handle soon, we are selling, and I'm so glad.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The problem is not "people just living their lives"; it's people being very loud and inconsiderate. Their parents probably were the same. If the early riser really has the loudest truck on the planet they could get that fixed, but a lot of people like to have loud trucks, cars, or motorcycles on purpose. You can't fix inconsiderate. The best you can hope is to learn how to sleep through it. We have a loud fan blowing in our room that drowns out the early risers. And when that doesn't work I have a recording of running water on my phone and I play it in an earbud on a continuous loop. I like to sleep on my side and I put the earbud in the "up side" ear. I sleep just fine.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV