cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

visiting Branston Mo.

short_kid
Explorer
Explorer
Was thinking about visiting Branston Mo. looking for a campground close to town and the shows. I didn't want to take the toad. Is there shuttles from campgrounds or is there any in walking distance? Any recommendations where to stay? I would like to visit there in late spring. Would appreciate any input from past experiences. Thanks Roy.
9 REPLIES 9

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
zigzagrv wrote:
Musicland KOA is right off the strip, right behind the Titanic. Short walk to the strip. Nice campground too.

Musicland is not a KOA unless it has recently changed.

I stand corrected. Stayed there in 2011. With the 'Kampground' spelling assumed it was a KOA.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

short_kid
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the information, we'll just have to decide on a time and narrow things down. Roy

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote here for Musicland. Sites are kinda tight, though. And you'll probably want to route yourself so that you approach from the north on Gretna Road... Or come up 165 from the south. That right turn off 76 onto Gretna is a frickin' BEAR! Avoid it at all costs!

The kudos are: It's VERY convenient to most of The Strip and much of the older theaters, restaurants and attractions.

Personally, I'd much rather take a toad to Branson cuz I enjoy the shows and the food on the Branson Belle riverboat on Table Rock Lake and, in warmer weather, we also stay at an enjoy Table Rock State Park and Marina. What can I say? I'm a water baby! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
zigzagrv wrote:
Musicland KOA is right off the strip, right behind the Titanic. Short walk to the strip. Nice campground too.

Musicland is not a KOA unless it has recently changed.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago we stayed at a Passport Am. park called Pea Patch. It was just off the strip and we walked to a few shows. The theaters are scattered over a large area, so depending on what you want to see, this location might not work.

One attraction I would suggest you consider is the Titanic. We really enjoyed touring it - it does look quite tacky from the street, but is actually very well done. If I recall, it is right downtown.

There is another park that might work for you, but we have not stayed there and I am not sure of the name. It is right on the river and I think it would be an easy walk to the main drag. RV park reviews might have it listed.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
There is one just off the strip (can't remember the name offhand) and a KOA about a quarter mile or do off the strip. But even the closest one is only convenient to a couple or so of the show rooms. Unless you are a real enthusiastic walker it is really not something to consider as the strip is quite long and the shows scattered. KOA ran a shuttle at one time but I think they stopped it. Don't know about others.

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
short kid wrote:
Was thinking about visiting Branston Mo. looking for a campground close to town and the shows. I didn't want to take the toad. Is there shuttles from campgrounds or is there any in walking distance? Any recommendations where to stay? I would like to visit there in late spring. Would appreciate any input from past experiences. Thanks Roy.

There's all kinds if choices, my favorite is Branson Stagecoach, a nice place and Passport America and I think the have a shuttle.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple right on the strip. Go to RVPARKREViews.com and search Branson Mo.