cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's your favorite campground near Inola & Bixby OK?

jesseindallas
Explorer
Explorer
We've got 5 days to chill in-between festivals in those 2 towns.
Would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks in advance
Jesse & Brenda
4 REPLIES 4

jesseindallas
Explorer
Explorer
Sequoyah was GREAT! The updated campground facilities there are EXCELLENT!

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
With 5 days available to you, why not drive a bit extra and go to one of the state parks? Sequoyah SP is the closest, but Osage Hills, Greenleaf, and Robbers Cave are also nice.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Between those two places I don't think you'll be finding campgrounds, though there is a RV park at Expo Square and another at Mingo Road just north of I-244/US-412 that would not be too much out of the way.

Since I prefer campgrounds to RV parks, I think I would detour over to Fort Gibson Lake where the CoE has six Class A campgrounds and a few more primitive areas.

From Fort Gibson, you could approach Bixby from the southeast and avoid going through the middle of Tulsa.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
lots of corps of engineers campgrounds in the area. Look for them on www.recreation.gov and then check the reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com
Tall Chief Cove on Skiatook Lake gets great reviews and one we hope to visit next trip. If you like museums, check out J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum in Claremore OK.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi