cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which campground best for us

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
We go to Maine about every other year. This year we would like to go farther north than usual and stay a few days however make our base camp in the middle of Maine.

I am looking at Seaview Campground and Sunset Point Campground. Which of these campgrounds has more attractions surrounding them? We especially enjoy lighthouses, water and lobsters.

Don't care about Acadia, been there done that a few times. Want something less crowed but different with beautiful views.

Thanks in advance for your help.
LUVRVN
3 REPLIES 3

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at north of the Acadia area, closer to Canada but not in Canada and on the coast. We always want the costal areas and stay in the Boothbay area and travel from that point. This time want to go farther up the coast beyond the Acadia area. Seaview Campground in Eastport (Roadpilot the other is Sea Vu, not Seaview so didn't think anyone would confuse the two) or Sunset Point.

If anyone knows the area of these two campgrounds, would be interested to know about the attractions surrounding them - harbors, lighhouses, etc.

We enjoy getting in the car and traveling for hours exploring the areas.

Thanks for any help.
LUVRVN

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
If you really mean the middle of Maine. Go to Greenville. There are a couple of really nice campgrounds on the east side of Moosehead or Wilderness Edge over by Millinocket. Baxter State Park is great and be sure to take the Golden Road from Millinocket to Greenville.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have to be more specific. There's a Sea Vu in Wells Maine and a Seaview in Eastport. Neither are the middle of Maine. There's a Sunset Point trailer park in Lubec and a Sunset Point campground in Harrington Maine. Neither are in the middle of Maine. I'll guess you mean Eastport since you also said you wanted to go further north (then Acadia?). Eastport is super. Lot's to do. Campobello is nearby. I'd also bring passports and go to St. Andrews in New Brunswick. Take the ferry from St George down to Deer Island then down to Eastport or Campobello.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S