cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who's going to Yellowstone in 2015

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Who else is going to Yellowstone this season?

We are planning to be there from July 15th through 21st, staying at Fishing Bridge. Iowa plates and Keystone Summerland camper, if you stop by we will have a cold one.

thanks,

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
19 REPLIES 19

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Tomorrow our adventure begins.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

TragedyTrousers
Explorer
Explorer
Will be there mid Sept as well. Will be first time there. Wishing for snow. So sick of this heat.

roadnerd
Explorer
Explorer
We're leaving Grant Village this morning for Grand Tetons after 4 days of pure magic here in Yellowstone. Well worth the pull out from northern California. So many great things and then experiences to be had here (this was our first visit). We're in "I" loop which turned out to be right next to the lake (298). One thing we had no concept of: everything is a long drive in the park.
2003 Ford F250 Powerstroke (yes, a 6.0 ๐Ÿ™‚ )
2008 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Me, me, me!!! Can't wait! We haven't been in 20 years & we are taking our 8 YO DGD. Hope we instill our love for this place so she will want to go back!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Another couple, hubby and I are going on Sept 14.... we're camping at a FS cg north of West Yellowstone for 6 nights. We're so excited!!!! I haven't been in 55 yrs!!!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Bipeflier wrote:

Camping in Cody as camping in bear country with a pop up MC camper is not advised.

Be warned, depending where you're camping around Cody, it is grizzly country.

Staying at the Ponderosa as it is apparently right in town. Hopefully chances are low of an encounter.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

keithhelms
Explorer
Explorer
Old Teacher wrote:
Not this year but late May, early June 2016, can't wait!

I was there around June 1st some 10 years ago. Wilson Lake just west of the south entrance road was still frozen over and there was still a lot of snow on the hillsides. The geyser areas were fine for hiking, but I think longer backcountry hikes were out of the question.

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the Game and Fish just had to relocate a Grizzly down by Pinedale, which is a lot further away from Yellowstone than Cody. Also, be very careful around the animals, there have been four people injured by Bison because they were getting too close. The last one was a 68 year-old lady who tried to get around a Bison on a trail. You know, the Bison travel at their own pace and there's no good reason to try and hurry them along.
John A. Lichty

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Bipeflier wrote:

Camping in Cody as camping in bear country with a pop up MC camper is not advised.

Be warned, depending where you're camping around Cody, it is grizzly country.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
We will be there during that time also but we will be on the Goldwing.

Hope you will have as much fun as we will.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Charles2222
Explorer
Explorer
Be there July 20-26.Ga veteran plates, freedom Express TT GMC TV,Don't drink but people say I will talk to a stump!

Old_Teacher
Explorer
Explorer
Not this year but late May, early June 2016, can't wait!
Okay,jokes over.
Now bring back the Constitution.
Proud parent of a U.S. Soldier!

roadnerd
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be there on from July 5-9th, and then onto Grand Tetons and Massacre Rocks SP in Idaho - see you there!
2003 Ford F250 Powerstroke (yes, a 6.0 ๐Ÿ™‚ )
2008 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
DeanRIowa wrote:
path1 wrote:
I was waiting for you to bring a cold one, you never showed up what happened ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry I am late!

path1 wrote:
OK, If it helps...Bring along good sun protection. Sun hats (straw hat) from a cheap store will worth the money compared to buying at stores in or near park. But fuel prices weren't to bad in park.

Thanks, good to know, I will be bringing hats for all, sun screen, and bug spray.

path1 wrote:
ICE... our ice machine was broken (Madison campground) the entire time we were there. And we didn't bring an ice chest because of all the bear warnings. I would bring an ice chest along just in case your local ice machine is broken.

I will have three ice chest with us, one for daily use, one for soft drinks and one in camper for extra food. We are planning on bringing an ice maker as well.

thanks,
Dean

Believe it or not we had very pleasant time eating a picnic lunch in Mammoth. Outside under some shade trees, in back of the info center and next to post office they have a few tables. Mostly used by rangers taking breaks etc.

Really interesting to watch people watch the elk. Restaurants were of course full. Ice water down stairs in info center.

Enjoy your trip.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"