cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winhall Brook COE. South Londonderry, Vermont

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Were thinking of doing a long weekend there next summer. Like the idea of kayaking, fishing, hiking and lots of nature near by. seems to get good reviews too.

Anyone ever been to this campground, how was the place? anything else to see in the area? DW likes the arts and crafts shops, was wondering if any are near by.

Thanks,
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
10 REPLIES 10

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
VT Skier wrote:
Sorry it's been awhile since I last was here best site for w/e is number 20 set back in the trees otherwise numbers 18 and 19. If you want river front any of the spots on the river are good if you want a secluded spot without electric stay on the same side as the electric and in the back its site 47.
Tons of things to do from Manchester to Weston home of one of the VT Country stores a must visit if you have kids Bromley Mtn Ski area has a mini amusement park or take a beautiful drive up RT 100 to Okemo Mtn Ski area (that's where we ski) and do the zip lines or ride the timber ripper also if you want to see how the rich live drive the Rd between lodges at Okemo and see homes worth 5-15 million dollars

Thank you for all your help, I'll be booking very shortly.

This trip will be just me and my wife, but now we have lots of ideas! :C

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry it's been awhile since I last was here best site for w/e is number 20 set back in the trees otherwise numbers 18 and 19. If you want river front any of the spots on the river are good if you want a secluded spot without electric stay on the same side as the electric and in the back its site 47.
Tons of things to do from Manchester to Weston home of one of the VT Country stores a must visit if you have kids Bromley Mtn Ski area has a mini amusement park or take a beautiful drive up RT 100 to Okemo Mtn Ski area (that's where we ski) and do the zip lines or ride the timber ripper also if you want to see how the rich live drive the Rd between lodges at Okemo and see homes worth 5-15 million dollars

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock, We don't mind the extra drive to the lake, besides we'll probably be doing some day trips checking out the country side.

VT Skier, We will be booking W/E site, If you can recommend a site, that would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Mike

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
We camp there ALL the time best camping in S VT Are you looking for power or dry camping I can let you which sites are best
Brian

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Mike - bit of a drive to get there (lake) from the CG - not a "direct" rte from CG. We didn't go to the lake itself - nice bike/walking path along river to the lake - several miles to get there - turned around before it. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
Stayed at Winhall this past August. Nice park - would return. Not sure about kayaking, tho... River thru CG is good to float down on inner tubes, etc. Funny layout - one bridge across river, long roads parallel it on either side. Good place for bicycles, tho. MINIMAL cell reception at the W/E sites (can't speak for the other sites) - strong/free wifi up the hill at the ranger station. Non- W/E sites in better locations that W/E ones. ST

Thanks for the info!

Actually our plans was to go kayaking at Ball Mountain Lake.

Mike

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Winhall this past August. Nice park - would return. Not sure about kayaking, tho... River thru CG is good to float down on inner tubes, etc. Funny layout - one bridge across river, long roads parallel it on either side. Good place for bicycles, tho. MINIMAL cell reception at the W/E sites (can't speak for the other sites) - strong/free wifi up the hill at the ranger station. Non- W/E sites in better locations that W/E ones. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

K9Sailors
Explorer
Explorer
wxToad / Ted-

I tried sending you a message on your website, but the security protocol didn't recognize the input.

Anyway -
It was a pleasure to once again find your website and stories. I had last visited it about six years ago.

Except for a few years in the early '70's, I grew up in 'The Valley'. From 1978 to 1990, we lived on 16A, three houses down from the Holiday Inn. I enjoyed reading your recollections of growing up there.

Thanks for posting stories of your travels, they are a pleasure to read!

Andrew

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Ted, Love the pics!... place looks awesome!

I will probably book a W/E site for next sept! :C

Mike

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Winhall Brook is a very pleasant to relax and use as a base for exploring the area. Here are some pictures and comments about our visits there.

Have a great trip!

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13