cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winhall Brook COE. South Londonderry, VT (campground report)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Part of me does not want to post this because we had such a wonderful time and I hope this campground never changes!

For starters, an abandoned rail road once went through this campground which now are scenic trails for either walking or riding your bike, also there are other hiking trails if your looking for more adventure. (we did both)

One thing we loved most was the river that went directly through the campground, it was a slow lazy type river where everyone was either swimming, tubing or enjoying the sun on the rocky edges, it felt like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting!

We also brought our kayaks and we did a day trip to one of the local lakes! lots of other campers were doing this too!

Finally, great camp hosts, everyone at the campground was very respectful... Just a great place to enjoy nature!

We plan on booking again! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
3 REPLIES 3

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer

here's ours!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

chris_in_pa
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about 4 years ago. It was great! The big adventure is driving over the SKINNY brge to get to half of the sites.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much for the trip report, Mike. That campground sounds terriffic!

Norman Rockwell did some of his best work (mho) when he lived in VT during the 40's and early 50's and he used many local Vermonters as models. Last year Bennington Museum (my "home" museum) held a reunion (third one, actually) for people who had been models for his paintings/illustrations.

You've been to some really AWESOME places lately. Thanks for taking the time to share what you've learned along the way.

Very helpful!

(Not an Advert)
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!