cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can the date format be changed to alpha characters for the month

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Can I suggest changing the posting date format of posts to use three letters for the month. While I believe the membership of this site is predominately US, we still have many members who not.

In the US we list dates as MM/DD/YY But in many other parts of the world they list dates a DD/MM/YY

So when I read a message and see it was posted on 07/11/2023 Was that post made on July 11? Or if I'm not in the US, was it posted on the November 7? If it's  simple change I would suggest a date format that uses alpha for the month like Jul 11 2023.. That way there is no mistake whether I'm in United States or in Great Britain? This might be a moot point if this is already handled by the local browsers. But figured I'd bring it up.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @opnspaces, thank you for this suggestion! We have implemented this change and you should see dates reflected in the MMM-DD-YYYY format on posts now. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

For anybody reading this, if you want to change the date format as suggested you need to edit your preferences.

My Settings

Preferences

Display

Find the Date Display Format and add a single M to the beginning so there are three capital M's in the date instead of only two. 

Old: Date Display Format MM-dd-yyyy

New: Date Display Format MMM-dd-yyyy

To go further you can look lower on the screen under Date Display Format  and play with the bullet points for Display dates as and see if you prefer one over the other.Just make sure to click Save

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

I've always used yyyy/mm/dd

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @opnspaces, thank you for this suggestion! We have implemented this change and you should see dates reflected in the MMM-DD-YYYY format on posts now. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

@TeamGoodSamJust curious are the new date formats going to be only for new posts stating from yesterday Nov 17? I ask because if I click on Truck Camper Group and then groups I see dates of what's probably expected like 3 hours ago, 2 weeks ago etc. But if I scroll down further the old dates are still in the old format. I don't think it's really necessary to convert the old dates .just a question.