cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

It finally happened. For years many of us have been waiting for this site to get fixed. Well, it got fixed so well that the vast majority of those with the knowledge that is needed on a site like this will not be here anymore. The site was fixed just the way the magazine was. Now both the site and the magazine will be read and populated only by a population that was born after 1990. Good luck to them as they will now have to rely on each other's guesses to fix or improve their units. 
 The up side to all of this is that the good RV forums will get an influx of good people that will still help people with their issues because those sites realize that forums are for the exchange of information and not a feel good place. 
 I see the future of this site going down an awful road as the next step will probably be to go woke and decide which types of units are "acceptable" and which ones are not. 
 No matter what happens, this is NOT an RV site anymore, it is facebook with a sewer hookup.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @Cybergrunt 

Just wanted to let you know that our team has fixed the Authentication Error. Please let us know if you run into an issue like this again. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III

So what should be done differently? Just saying "I don't like it" and leaving is not helpful. And these other quality forums? Where are they?

The new community has been here _one_ day. There is certainly room for improvement ... the UI wastes a lot of space, there is no thread view, even some of the busier subforums are no longer there and there is a certain lack of structure compared to rv.net. I need to re-login frequently. 

But the site is now mobile friendly and the basics seem to work reliably. All the old stuff is still here (at least the things I have checked). Your user data and your old threads have been carried over. And the search actually works.

The people at Good Sam have obviously put  a lot of effort into the project to make it work, and I am grateful for that. There is a time when relaunches like this become technically inevitable as the software in use ages out and can no longer be maintained while the infrastructure around it has moved on. I hope there is some room for constructive critcism and useful optimization. Instead of giving us this community, they could have just called it a day and pulled the plug. I have seen that happen, too. And without prior notice.

Give it some time. For now, I'll be sticking around.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

I am right along with you. I will give it a try (small) and go from there. But I do believe what you said about the way of the magazine and the rest of the GS ways. Member since 2002

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly