cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new format is a total failure in my opinion. I am sorry to lose a virtual community in which I

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @padredw

First off we want to thank you for giving this new community a chance! 

Secondly, we want to make sure you know that all 250K active members and 2.9 million pieces of content have also been migrated over to the new site. RV.net forums like "Roads and Routes" have been renamed to Bucket List Trips as well as the old Campgrounds forum is now Campground 101. All of these can now be found in the top navigation bar on every single page for your convenience! 

We love to hear that you are 91 and still towing your 34' fifth-wheel. However, we are going to need to see some pictures of it! 😀

Stay safe and we cannot wait to hear more from you! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad

PLEASE go back to the old format.

Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

Thank you.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

The quote feature appears to be gone and that is good to stop the flaming as on the RV Net.  There was way to much criticism aimed at other members by members.  Goodbye old paint.Resized photo of Perkins with N81FC on drill ship - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

@MastEvac71 wrote:

The quote feature appears to be gone and that is good to stop the flaming as on the RV Net.  There was way to much criticism aimed at other members by members.  Goodbye old paint.

The quote feature isn't gone. It's only available though when you reply to an individual post instead of replying to the general thread. I don't like it as much as the old format since this one doesn't allow you to add multiple quotes in one post (or at least I haven't figured it out yet).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Thanks for that moderator.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III

Totally agree!  The new format uses way too much screen space - OK if you're on a desktop or laptop with a larger screen, but it is very painful on a tablet or phone.  I also miss seeing the simple list of topics that I can browse thru and select one that may be of interest, then dive into it seeing the threaded list of posts and responses.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Like me you will have a short learning curve and then good to go. Cheers

TX Governor Briscoe Bell 206B helicopter in 74.  Also served as Army Guard pilot for Briscoe and Gov Smith in 71. 

Bill Perkins with Governor Briscoe Bell 206B helicopter 1974 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad

We I just now figured out how to get into the site.I’ll try to give it a chance but so far I’m not real happy with it.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

The old regulars can no longer control the narrative so easily on this modern new layout.  Change is good.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad

Change is hard, but, inevitable.  RV.net was doomed because it did not have a mobile friendly interface.

What I don't like so far is how little of the old RV.net content has been brought over.  The DIY topic, the Tech topic, the Boondocking topic, and even the Campfire topic, ALL had very valuable information.  I'm sure everyone had some favorite that now is gone.  If all that is lost forever, that will be tragic loss for the community.  Hopefully there are plans to bring that over, but I'm afraid it's just gone.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply. As may be evident, I could not even finish that post to which you replied. Yes, I miss the "Locations" threads: Roads and Routes, Boondocking, and Campgrounds and Attractions. I have met some good friends on the old forum. Some that I later met in person and that remain my friends still.  But I find this new format so difficult that I may just have to give up the struggle. I am too old at 91 years to make the adjustment. But I am still towing a 34' fifth-wheel.. 

Hey @padredw

First off we want to thank you for giving this new community a chance! 

Secondly, we want to make sure you know that all 250K active members and 2.9 million pieces of content have also been migrated over to the new site. RV.net forums like "Roads and Routes" have been renamed to Bucket List Trips as well as the old Campgrounds forum is now Campground 101. All of these can now be found in the top navigation bar on every single page for your convenience! 

We love to hear that you are 91 and still towing your 34' fifth-wheel. However, we are going to need to see some pictures of it! 😀

Stay safe and we cannot wait to hear more from you! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Good luck and happy trails to you.Bill Perkins with royal thai border police and Bell 206L helicopter in Thailand Resized - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Thank you for the courtesy of your response.