cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why are mods so silent?

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

They never seem to respond to any suggestions or criticisms to this forum.

9 REPLIES 9

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

For years they were a number of people grumbling and complaining about how out of date and not user friendly rv.net was and the need for an update. Look what happened! Be careful what you wish for.  

Bedlam

Moderators can help with posted content but have no control of the forum function. This is why moderators really have no feed back for many requested changes. Need help moving a topic or signal that a post is inappropriate, I can help you. Ask to change how the forum functions, I have no tools available to make these changes.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

When there are no moderators it is a sure sign of management not caring. They probably realized that they created a POS and will let it die when the renewal fees for the site run out. Lots of knowledge being lost. Apparently no one in management cared from the beginning of this disaster and we are watching the result. If anyone paying for the change had actually looked at the crap that was put out they would have thrown up. 
 This just proves that anyone can write code. A few can do it well. The best coders listen to feedback from the users. The worst just say "This is how I wrote it so you must be wrong." Good Sam hired the latter. DEI?

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

Such a shame that the biggest and most active RV/Camping forum lost everything because of shortsighted management!  Even the Goodsam magazine went to sh!t because of the same shortsighted management.  It looks like all of the knowledge moved onto Facebook RV/Camping pages.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Because I don't there are any moderators anymore. I used to get active responses from Evanseegmiller but he hasn't responded to anything since 06/03 and hasn't been on line since 06/12. Patty, who was trying to organize the meetings with users to gather enhancements hasn't responded to anything since 06/07 and also hasn't been logged in since 06/25. Total guess, but I think they cut the active mods and probably outsourced the most basic moderating duties like deleting spam. I don't think there are any active/interactive moderators anymore. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

@way2roll wrote:

Because I don't there are any moderators anymore. I used to get active responses from Evanseegmiller but he hasn't responded to anything since 06/03 and hasn't been on line since 06/12. Patty, who was trying to organize the meetings with users to gather enhancements hasn't responded to anything since 06/07 and also hasn't been logged in since 06/25. Total guess, but I think they cut the active mods and probably outsourced the most basic moderating duties like deleting spam. I don't think there are any active/interactive moderators anymore. 

Right now, I have to agree with you. Things may be coming to a head soon. It will be a real shame to lose what's left of the RV.Net data. There are very few of us who have taken the time or had the time to figure out how to use the site in spite of the bad coding.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

They are silent because they don't want to change a thing. They are happy with the cr*p the produced and the users mean nothing. We should start a list of different users and their guess at when the site gets taken down. I do not believe it will survive into 2025. So my guess is December 31'st.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

don't confuse the mods with the forum owners.. the mods are usaly users like you or me that are willing to dedicate some time to the board.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Agreed, I feel like we are doing more moderating than anyone officially related to this new forum ever has.  I'm over it. Nothing more than letting newbies know they are responding to a post that's a decade old. There are no legacy campers here left with the exception of a few to even try and help with the silliness. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS