cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

26-28 inch 1080P smart flat screen TV with audio output

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched online but can't quite find what I am looking for. Please comment with suggestions for a good flat screen Smart TV 26 to 28 inch diagonal(with tuner and audio outputs, and mounting option).

Thanks! I don't have many options here. Just looking for smaller size flat screen with a TV tuner and some sort of audio output to connect to amp and then to ceiling speakers.

Stacaz
12 REPLIES 12

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Many TVs have an optical audio output that works with an adapter. The problem I have found is that, for some reason, they output a loud roar when used with a tv that is receiving an over-the-air signal. This happens with 2 different TVs and 2 different adapters. They work with any other input, like a DirecTV signal or DVD player.

I know these devices have their own a/v outputs. I was just experimenting.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-24-class-led-720p-hdtv/6164815.p?skuId=6164815

It's 24" but has audio output and 100mm mounting. It's what I ended up putting in my bedroom of my trailer. Solid Pic and features for a 24" TV.

Picking was tough in the 25"-30" range. Not alot there to chose from. Seems like everything was 32" and up or a smattering of 19"-24". Good thing was with the 24", the 720p still looks great, just as good as the 1080p on the 42" in the main living area.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up using an old 22 in computer flat screen (has an HDMI input) and got one of these TV tuner boxes. Also got a car amp to power the speakers. there is a 500 watt inverter seen in picture in first post.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BO61CMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stacaz

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Most will have audio outputs, but almost assuredly not an optical audio out.
I bought a small Samsung last summer and optical was the only audio output it had. Then you have to get a separate small converter box to get your RCA jacks and headphone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The audio out can be a headphone jack. Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m using now out of my 32 to my surround sound amp.

I wanted four HDMI in and found that the 720 cheapy sets have less inputs and often lacked the output.

The 1080i set for a few more bucks will give you a better picture.
If you use Blu-ray esp.

You donโ€™t need a 12 v set. Use a 300w inverter.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
With a screen that small you don't need 1080p. That's why you're having trouble finding one. Just get the rest of the important stuff, you'll not be disappointed.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™d go with the Wizardโ€™s monitor idea. But is power an issue?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Alternative - There are some inexpensive ATSC/QAM tuner boxes (generic) for sale on eBay. HDMI out and stereo out (plus a whole lot more).

A computer monitor that is 1980x1080, some powered computer speakers, and an HDMI to DVI convertion cable and you would be all set with a "component" TV system.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
You are not likely going to find any "name brand" DTV with those specifications.

#1 - When you get below about 32" (class - measured diagonally) screen, the human eye can not perceive the difference between 1080P and 720P.
#2 - audio out, like simple stereo, left and right RCA jacks, seems to have died. Maybe HDMI out and then convert to stereo ?

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
Corkey05 wrote:
I found several on Amazon using "28 inch tv 1080p" as search criteria. Even found a few 12v with audio out. I would include links but there are too many that might be what you're looking for to list. Several have audio out, and are Smart TV's to boot.

I did not see any 12V models with audio out. Also most of those are either way over-priced or way too thick. Can you post the one 12V you saw with AUD out? Thanks!
Stacaz

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I found several on Amazon using "28 inch tv 1080p" as search criteria. Even found a few 12v with audio out. I would include links but there are too many that might be what you're looking for to list. Several have audio out, and are Smart TV's to boot.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
stacaz822 wrote:
I have searched online but can't quite find what I am looking for. Please comment with suggestions for a good flat screen Smart TV 26 to 28 inch diagonal(with tuner and audio outputs, and mounting option).

Thanks!!
At that size I doubt you find anything other than sub $150 toss-aways. Most will have audio outputs, but almost assuredly not an optical audio out. I would think all would have standard mounting taps on the rear case. I don't have any idea as to the resolution, but on a screen that size it probably won't make much of a difference. The other thing you may not find is the "Smart" TV option. I am sure it adds to the cost of the Television and probably doesn't fit into the marketing strategy of the manufacturers which is build the sub big screens as cheap as possible so the sellers can have that price leader.