Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Window Seal?

RedRider16
Explorer
Explorer

1000000746.jpg

 I Believe I have a bad window Seal on this window. It's been raining all day and the rain is coming in through the top of the window. My question is what should I buy to fix the issue? I don't have any experience with this 

6 REPLIES 6

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III

I had the same problem with one of my windows on my 5er.  I used the same stuff I use on the side of the RV (Lexel sealant).  However, I later found a pin hole on the edge of my roof where the water was coming in and repaired that with Dicor.  No leak any more and a reinforced window.  If you are getting a leak at window go from top to sides about 4" down.  No need to do the entire frame.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad

I ruined my last truck camper by using caulk to not seal a leaking window. It continued to leak inside the wall and rotted the floor. Remove the window, clean the old butyl tape and caulk off, and reset with new butyl tape.

'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Are you sure it's coming from the window? Could be the roof. Every year I re caulk all seams on the roof, windows, corners etc, with the appropriate Dicor. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Sorry for the really late reply. I have a awning on the window and I put it down after that leak and haven't had a leak since then so I'm thinking its the window or where the awning sits when its not out. Out of curiosity how would I be able to determine a roof leak?

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

Dicor Lap Sealant, probably the “no sag” line. The other possibility is to take the window out and reset it using butyl tape sealant.

I was thinking of pulling the window and reset it since it probably needs it along with all the other windows