Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Consern

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to information that might save a life;

http://www.noshockzone.org/are-little-shocks-ok/

http://www.noshockzone.org/

I did build a 50 amp tester and it helps to insure that the electric post might be wired correctly.

Here is a link on how to build a 50 amp tester;

50 amp Tester

Here is a link on how to build a 30 amp tester;

30 amp Tester
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.
6 REPLIES 6

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
jmaotto wrote:
I did something similar to what donpd did. I used a 50 amp range cord and wired a 30 amp rv receptacle and a 20 amp receptacle in a 2 gang box. Now I have the option of using the 50 amp pedestal receptacle instead of the 30 amp pedestal receptacle. Many times the 30 amp pedestal receptacle does not make a solid connection.

If you do this, please think strongly about putting a 20A fuse or circuit breaker in for the 20A outlet. (Ideally one would have a similar one for the 30A receptacle, as well, but IMHO there's somewhat less danger of really bad things happening there.) Even a spec grade receptacle won't be any too happy if somebody overloads it by 2.5x.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to use a GFCI receptacle, either.

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
Posted By: BB_TX on 04/28/15 09:03am

That 50 amp tester works great. And if there is only 30 amp hookup at the park I just use the 50 amp tester with a 50-30 adapter.

Posted By: jmaotto on 04/28/15 02:25pm

I did something similar to what donpd did. I used a 50 amp range cord and wired a 30 amp rv receptacle and a 20 amp receptacle in a 2 gang box. Now I have the option of using the 50 amp pedestal receptacle instead of the 30 amp pedestal receptacle. Many times the 30 amp pedestal receptacle does not make a solid connection.

Both of these are great tips. Thanks for adding them.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Don, thanks for those links. I am going to save them for future postings. This is the best explanation yet. Clear and concise.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
That 50 amp tester works great. And if there is only 30 amp hookup at the park I just use the 50 amp tester with a 50-30 adapter.