cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freestanding Electric Fireplaces

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to be removing an extra chair in our Class A and replacing the space with an electric freestanding fireplace.

Does anyone have one of these and if so which did you choose and are you happy with the choice?

I'm looking for one with the most realistic flames possible also.

Thank you!! ๐Ÿ™‚
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
13 REPLIES 13

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heat is not an issue with this kind of a fireplace. You would have to have something flammable hanging in front of the heat outlet to even having a chance of having an issue. There are even wall mounted units. No issues. It's really no different than having a little heater in the RV. You would not lay anything over it or in front of it that could catch fire.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered our fireplace from Wayfair.com. They have free shipping and was delivered in less than a week. I opened up the cabinet under the television in our trailer and with the right measurements, we were good to go. It only took about 2 hours to install.

John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dimplex in our bedroom in the S&B. We looked at a lot of them and liked the "flame" on the Dimplex best. We like the ambiance of the flame, without having to have the heat on. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to turn the heater on when we want to take the morning chill off. They have some called "media consoles" that are all ready for your TV. Check 'em out here: http://www.dimplex.com/en/electric_fireplaces/media_consoles/products
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
I use a duraflame brand stove that looks like a small woodstove with glass front. It has a blower that pushes the heat out at the bottom of the front, which keeps the floor of the camper warm. It works great, but it would not be good for tv stand.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

Wife_nHubby
Explorer
Explorer
Loving God's Country! wrote:
Wife'nHubby wrote:
When you are speaking about putting a TV on top of a free standing electric fireplace I would be concerned about the CTC (clearance to combustibles) issue. Check the specs of any fireplace to find out if putting something on top of the fireplace is even recommended before you go further.

I'm only looking for an electric fireplace which should be ok.

I understand it is electric. Heat rises.....
Wisconsin - the best place to be!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We found a great desk with built-in fireplace and it has worked great. You just need to look around, there are 100's of styles available. You would just need to firmly secure it to the floor and wall to give a firm base for the TV. Sounds like an excellent project. The added heat was an added benefit when we ended up in Michigan for some part of the last 2 Winters.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Wife'nHubby wrote:
When you are speaking about putting a TV on top of a free standing electric fireplace I would be concerned about the CTC (clearance to combustibles) issue. Check the specs of any fireplace to find out if putting something on top of the fireplace is even recommended before you go further.

I'm only looking for an electric fireplace which should be ok.

Wife_nHubby
Explorer
Explorer
Wisconsin - the best place to be!

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
We are taking down the TV that is mounted over the two captains chairs to open up the front windshield view. With that I wanted to find something for the TV to sit on and thought that a free standing electric wood stove would make the living area so cozy and also provide extra heat when needed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I also have one with heat setting and it works very well. Have had it for 6 years now and it works just great to take the chill off.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I have one that has a 750 watt setting as well as the 1500 watt. That way if I don't want much heat, or I am sitting near it or electrical power is limited, the low setting is a good option.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We bought one for the house. Worked OK for a couple weeks and then it started acting up... The heat would click on-of-on-off-on-off, just that fast. Oh, the ambiance of the fire was nice, but we wanted the heat!

In order to get around the on-off-on, we put the thermostat on as high as it would go and then it didn't do that any more. It just ran all the time.

I ended up giving it to my sister to use in her basement, since her basement has minimal heat and an external electric heater would probably run all the time time anyway and never cycle since its so cold there anyway. She's been tickled with it.

So, we never purchased another one. If we want supplemental heat, we just use a normal ceramic cube heater.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I dont have one but while at Big Lots the other day they had several different ones in stock and on display.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992