cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Light Strip, Need some help please.

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
I have put off installing an LED light strip under the awning for various reasons. But now I would like to give it a try. My awning is 16' so I would like to install a full length strip? I would also like it to be bright,(5050's)?, but be able to dim it? I would also like rgb, (multicolor remote? I know, asking the impossible? So I'm hoping others have been on the same quest and ended with great success and would be eager to share what you ended up with and what I need to do the same! Thanks in advance for your feedback!
9 REPLIES 9

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I installed an RGB with remote, color change, and dimming.

Since I don't care for the RGB (white) color, I added a second WW strip.

Now I have found the WW strip draws bugs terrible but it seems that the RGB does not. With the strip above the door a cloud of bugs is not desirable.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine on line, don't remember what site. Just look for the tube. I think I've seen them sold separately.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
They're on eBay too. There's three options from almost any seller. Indoor with no protection, outdoors encapsulated and outdoors in a tube.

The tube kind are bulky compared to the encapsulated, just an observation.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I've installed a couple, cheap China ones corroded (tape on back allowed water in). Finally found a strip that came with a silicone tube. Used silicone caulk to seal ends. They have been good for several years now.

Thanks! I do have the same concern. Where did you get yours?

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed a couple, cheap China ones corroded (tape on back allowed water in). Finally found a strip that came with a silicone tube. Used silicone caulk to seal ends. They have been good for several years now.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
If you turn on the multi colored, am I to assume itโ€™s an invite to a disco party, lol. Iโ€™ll bring some red wine.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Get an RGBWW strip and WiFi controller from eBay. WW is warm white, it looks a lot more natural than the garish blue-white found on so many new rigs.

You control the strip using your phone or tablet, so no need to wire in switches or dimmer knobs.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a strip off eBay for cheap. Came with remote, multiple color choices, dimable etc. I wired it into the porch light. Easy install but get automotive style double sided tape to stick them up. The stock tape wonโ€™t hold. Three years so far, all good.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with a remote for color selection and dimming. Really an easy installation. I drilled a hole to run the lead right into a cabinet and thats where I have the power supply.