cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LivinLite CampLite Counter Top, Floor, TV, Microwave, Bed

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new 2010 CampLite 11 a few years ago. It's an early CampLite off of the LivinLite 2010 production line. This CampLite came equipped with 13,500BTU AC & portable water tank under the sink with a manually operated pump faucet. It also has a empty weight of 1,400 pounds and 2,200 GVW.

We wanted additional counter top space and to try camping without water tank & sink. This CampLite did not have LP gas system, stove, and furnace. Started using paper plates, cleaning coffee maker, electric skillet, coffee mugs, and hands with Clorox wipes. Carry bottled water for Coffee & drinking.

While visiting "Lil' Snoozy" manufacturing plant in South Carolina, picked up an idea. They use 120V double burner range top for cooking. Most campgrounds we visit have electric hookups, so we decided to start cooking with a Teflon coated electric skillet and heating with a ceramic heater. Eventually added a $28 700W microwave.

"Lil' Snoozy" also uses a Cassette Toilet without black water tank. Like this idea, too. We decided to carry a porta potty to prevent the middle of the night trip to the restroom. "If" we move up to a larger camper, want to have a Cassette Toilet installed.

We keep a 35 quart Engle Deep Blue high performance 35 quart ice chest in the back of the pickup with Leer shell to keep the animals out at night.

Original Sink:

Wide angle view of the new counter top and dinette set up as a permanent 60"X80" Queen bed with memory foam mattress. Use gaucho couch with portable aluminum table as a dinette.

Made brackets out of aluminum angle to secure the TV:

Attic antenna used with an old camera tripod:

Used aluminum angle to secure the microwave:

Aluminum floor:

Purchased interlocking vinyl tile for $6.50 per tile at Lowes and installed directly over aluminum floor:

Made 23 pound bicycle transport system using roof bike attaching mounts on plywood inside camper:

After these modification checked the new trailer weight to be sure it was within GVW.

GVW 2200 pounds

New Trailer weight ready to camp
without bicycles 1,940 pounds

New Tongue weight 300 pounds
New axle weight 1,640 pounds

Bicycle rack & two bicycles 85 pounds
Trailer weight with bicycles 2,035 pounds
Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4
15 REPLIES 15

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
We decided to transport bicycles in the CampLite since we transport Kayaks on the pickup. Tried hauling bikes between camper/pickup and LivinLite recommended not to install a bike rack on the rear bumper of the CampLite, finally decided to transport bikes in the CampLite.

Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
Opie431 wrote:
We have a larger folding table than you use that I made a floor length cover for. The Rubbermaid boxes that hold everything go under the table cloths and are hidden by them .
I love your idea of the bed set up. I would not go for anything that small because I did not want to be making the bed up every night.

This was our first travel trailer. Before the CampLite we had a folding A frame Chalet. We learned right away we did not want to set up the dinette/bed daily, but we still like having a dinette. When we bought the CampLite, purchased a full Queen memory foam mattress and love it. It's as comfortable as sleeping at home. We sit beside each other on the gaucho couch with aluminum table making our dinette.

We use the space under the bed to store the port potty, ceramic heater, wheel chocks, and power cord.

Thanks,
Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Less can be more. Smaller RVs are loads of fun.

I am with you on the porta potti or cassette. Easy to empty at more locations than a black tank, and no waiting in line at a dump station.

Started seeing Cassette toilets in other campers from the factory. Like the exterior door making it, easy to empty.

Thanks,

Here's one small site the CampLite fits in easily on the beach in SC:

Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
We have a larger folding table than you use that I made a floor length cover for. The Rubbermaid boxes that hold everything go under the table cloths and are hidden by them .
I love your idea of the bed set up. I would not go for anything that small because I did not want to be making the bed up every night.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Less can be more. Smaller RVs are loads of fun.

I am with you on the porta potti or cassette. Easy to empty at more locations than a black tank, and no waiting in line at a dump station.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!!!

It's handy getting into small sites. Tows nicely, too.
Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet little trailer. Good job!
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
It runs my 13,500BTU AC fine @ 90F.

This is on the site where I purchased it:

"Will start most 13,500 btu high efficiency RV air conditioners
2400 watts max, 2000 watts continuous output"

This statement makes me think it will not start all 13,500BTU units,
but it works fine with our AC. Quiet running, too.

The 13,500BTU AC on our small camper cools quickly on hot days.
Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what size AC does that yamaha 2400 run?
bumpy

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad, Correct & Thanks!

We don't operate everything on the counter at the same time, but here's some additional electrical appliances we use.

This Yamaha 2400 iSHC will run the AC or appliances, but not both at the same time:

Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

exploringcaroli
Explorer
Explorer
Really appreciate the kind comments from everyone!!!!!!

Francesca, The interlocking tile seams are visible and very tight, but cannot be seen in the complete floor photo, no sealant used. The floor installation was our last modification.

We have camped in temps down to the 20s so far and you can imagine how cool the bare aluminum is where there are no rugs. These tiles are for covering garage floors and very tough. Will use rugs over the new floor, too.

It really surprised me how quickly a camper gains weight with mods, but "very" happy it came in under the GVW at full camping weight.

Thanks Again!
Bill
Oliver Elite II
5.7L Tundra 4X4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Times two on that flooring- I can't even see the seams! Is that a trick of the light, or is there some sort of sealer involved?

good job but I think I can see a seam under hand/cutter handle end and another one 18?" over about 3 dots from the end under the metal bar.
bumpy

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice work!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Times two on that flooring- I can't even see the seams! Is that a trick of the light, or is there some sort of sealer involved?
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien