cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My version of 10min Tech- couple simple mods

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple simple mods we did to our Jayco. Each took less then a half hour to perform.

We boondock mostly and with 2 kids have the potential of going through a ton of water quickly. The first thing we did was to replace the shower with a sink sprayer. Works great for NAVY showers. Get in, get wet, scrub up, rinse off.

For some reason water always puddled and ran down the sides of the tube so I got some of that plastic wall corner protector and cut it down to size, and filed away the corners and siliconed it to the tub.

Here is a water pump noise muffler. It's made out of sound board, so it's a little hard to work with, but not impossible. it gets the pump off the floor, and encloses it. We also put noddles around all the pipes that made contact with the walls and floor. It reduced the sound significantly.

Our trailer came with a cabnet door that was screwed in place, behind it was the hot water heater. I installed hinges and a door catch. Simple and it gave us a little space to store small things.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum width limits of 640px maximum.

Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
5 REPLIES 5

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Please do not double post. See any replies to your duplicate post here.
Thread closed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Now you can wash dishes and shower at the same time. Big time saver
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah that one is. We have about 6 different barrels. That's just the one I used to test it out a few years ago. You can't have enough water barrels in Southern Cal.
Have Fun,
2009 Ford F150 5.4L

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not to quibble but that looks like a 30 gal barrel.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
Since we boon dock for weeks at a time I carry along a 55gal barrel to refill the fresh water I bought a 30 dollar cast iron A/C pump from harbor fright. It drains the barrel in about 5 minutes.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Have Fun,
2009 Ford F150 5.4L