cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New battery setup - 30kw!

map40
Explorer
Explorer
Thought you guys might like the video. We just finished the installation of the biggest battery-solar system yet. 30kw battery, 2.8kw solar, capable of charging from 4 different sources at the same time!
https://youtu.be/BSpsfjNTD1Q
Alfa SeeYa
Life rocks when your home rolls
6 REPLIES 6

map40
Explorer
Explorer
MedCad wrote:
Thank you, your video presentation of the system was well explained.

You are most welcome! That was my only intention, just to show what it can be done. If anybody has any questions, I would be more than happy to help! (no strings attached, of course!)
Alfa SeeYa

MedCad
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, your video presentation of the system was well explained.

map40
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Charging at 12v?

Yes, you can, but is not recommended. You can plug the truck and let the alternator charge the legacy 12v system. Then you can plug one of the chargers from the 30amp circuit to the built in inverter and that will charge the system, as long as you turn off the RV converter charger.
The reason why we made it so complex is because it is not recommended. Using the alternator to charge the 48v system puts a load so high on the alternator that you will eventually burn it.
You could install a DC2DC charger, but then again, the alternator in the truck won't be able to take the abuse.
Hope it helps!
Alfa SeeYa

map40
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
I was mildly interested until the first half was bogus spamโ€ฆ.and typical sales pitch lies.

No sales pitch, there is no product to sale (I have no ties with any of companies that sell any of the components)
Bogus spam? Strange, this must be system number 10 I design, and I have never seen anything else come close to them. The system work with no problems, and if you want I can give you specs on any component.
I was just sharing so somebody else could benefit from the information, I get no benefit whatsoever from it...
Alfa SeeYa

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Charging at 12v?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I was mildly interested until the first half was bogus spamโ€ฆ.and typical sales pitch lies.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold