cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New converter and batteries

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of weeks ago, I swapped the WFCO 8955 converter that came with my Jayco 23Rb with a Progressive Dynamics PD4655 Wildkat MBA with the Charge Wizard pendant. Now I have what I hope to be a modern converter/charger that will keep my batteries in good shape for some time to come.

And speaking of batteries, today, due to the good weather we have in Central Virginia, I replaced the Group 24 12V 85 amp/hr battery for a pair of GC2 6V 215 amp/hr batteries. Nearly tripled the power and now have what I hope are very robust batteries for future use.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch
9 REPLIES 9

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I swapped the WFCO 8955 converter that came with my Jayco 23Rb with a Progressive Dynamics PD4655 Wildkat MBA with the Charge Wizard pendant. Now I have what I hope to be a modern converter/charger that will keep my batteries in good shape for some time to come.

Unfortunate that most converters, including your new PD, don't offer temperature compensation, considered a must by some battery manufacturers for some of their battery products, particularly AGMs. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks again. As you can see this old man figured it out from the instructions without getting my son and S-I_L involved.
:E

BarneyS wrote:
Atlee wrote:
I'd like to do a few pictures, but I've never gotten the hang of posting pictures on RV.Net. I have no problem on other forum's, just here.

time2roll wrote:
Great plan, great set up. How about a picture?

To post a photo on the forums,
Click here.

To use it you:
1. Upload your picture to the app.

2. Copy/paste the resulting URL into a post. Do not make ANY changes to the URL. Don't add anything and don't take anything out.

3. You are done. The photo will appear and be properly sized for use here on our forums.

Take a look at my post announcing the app here. That should help you out a bit.

Barney
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are pictures from my recent converter conversion.

This is the new Progressive Dynamics PD4655 Wildkat MBA ready for install. Note, the new PD4655 has two cooling fans.

Old WFCO ready for removal.

Old WFCO disconnected. The heat sink on the old WFCO was at the front of the compartment. The heat sink on the new PD4655 is at the rear of the compartment.

New PD4655 installed.
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. I'll study that when I'm not tired. Don't think it's going to be very long before I go to bed. Been fighting a cold and am a little worn out.

Erroll

BarneyS wrote:
Atlee wrote:
I'd like to do a few pictures, but I've never gotten the hang of posting pictures on RV.Net. I have no problem on other forum's, just here.

time2roll wrote:

Click here.

To use it you:

2. Copy/paste the resulting URL into a post. Do not make ANY changes to the URL. Don't add anything and don't take anything out.

3. You are done. The photo will appear and be properly sized for use here on our forums.

Barney
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Atlee wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Click here.

To use it you:

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
Add some solar to the mix and you are ready to go off grid.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II

time2roll wrote:
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good choice on both items.