cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Step Light

jimj
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to upgrade my step light on Monaco Diplomat Qwikee steps. I would like to put a row of LEDs to light the steps.
If anyone has done this let me know where you got the lights and hoe you mounted them. I guess that I will wire them to the existing light that is worthless. The lights must be outdoor because they will get wet.
I have seen some nice LED step lights on some newer coaches.

Thanks

JimJ
6 REPLIES 6

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
I put on my steps "glow in the dark tape". Just a different thought.
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler

jimj
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the great help. I ordered a strip light for $9.95 and will see how that goes.
I will try to wire it to the grab handle switch.
Just another project.

Thanks

JIMj

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Check your local Walmart automotive section. They sell a large variety of short LED strip lights that are intended for exterior installation.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We have this. Took about 5 minutes to install. It's a nice soft white light.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I ditched all the 'wired' led lights.

They make SO many battery and solar powered operated stick up led's its unbelievable. Many of them motion detectors. They have come a long way on the power of these lights and how much they will light up.

IMHO take a walk down the led isle at Lowes before you start running wires and drilling holes. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a string of green LED lights at an auto parts store. They have adhesive on the bottom of the strip, which I stuck to the underside of the coach near the step. They have stuck well for maybe six months now.

I originally wired them to the existing step light, which I did not like because they were dark when the coach was parked, when the steps were was retracted, etc. Pretty useless.

I then wired the new lights to the illuminated handle switch, an easy wiring job on my Monaco Windsor. The LEDs now function as an aid to entry when we are parked, and as a nice night light.

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor