New steps by Torklift

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
TorkLift GlowStep Revolution
The Manual (Really made it easier)

The Box

Old steps (Stealth by Forest River)

Tools I started with. Also needed torque wrench. Nice to have was creeper, headlamp, and Gear Wrench.

Test fit

Installed

Open

Next is the matching Glow Guide handle.

I found the install easy for one person. We are looking forward to using these. They are height adjustable at the top mount, and the legs at the bottom are individually adjustable. No more step stool!
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic
8 REPLIES 8

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the 'new' four step aluminum tread steps today. Tried yesterday but bar across the top would not allow steps to fit in. Today #1 son came by with his rotary cutter and we zapped off that cross bar. We had the four steppers installed in less that fifteen minutes. Seem to work fine except we need to do some work to allow them to fully deploy where we park. Can see where a support is needed on the second step from the bottom, but that is not an issue as we always put a support under the bottom step of the all steel ones.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Another "manual" option.
RV Co Steps.

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Came upon a set of aluminum steps at a price I could not pass up. Even queried Lippert about the parts. Now find they will not fit. Distance between outside of step frame is 28" and distance between brackets on the trailer is 27 3/4 inside which means they do not fit. Any ideas on what adjustments I might make to allow me to use this four step aluminum unit?
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
One more comment -- most boondocking sites are pretty dusty and dirty, and this one was no exception. As an added bonus, there was a fair sprinkling of cow patties all around us. As you can see from the picture, I attached a piece of an astroturf welcome mat to the bottom step, using cable ties.

In addition, TorkLift sent me that blue plastic thing on the right side of the steps, called a Dirt Destroyer. It's a boot wiper, with stiff bristles that clean not only the sole but also the uppers of your boots. It just clips onto the side of the steps, and I can tell you that it works well.

I have suggested to TorkLift that they slightly decrease the width of the spacer on the Dirt Destroyer so that it clips more tightly to the side of the step -- as originally designed, it was just a little loose. In fairness, this thing is supposed to go onto and off of the step easily -- you put it on after the steps are deployed. So if it were too tight, it would not be as easy to slip it on and off.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
RideSlow, I sure like your crawler dolly with the flame decals. You know you might be a serious do it yourselfer when you start customizing your crawler dolly . . . . ๐Ÿ˜‰

And you can chalk me up as another happy user of the GSR. (Full disclosure -- they sent me a free one as a demo a few years ago. Knowing what I now know, I would have happily paid full retail for the thing, which is not cheap.)

So here is the story -- last September, we were boondocking out in the Uinta Range of Utah, on the rockiest and most unlevel campsite we have ever occupied. Ordinarily, the GSR can adjust to almost any terrain -- it has "landing gear" legs that can extend or retract. (It is not real easy to move them up and down, but they are easy enough when you really need them.)

But this site was so rough that we needed to find big flat rocks to serve as "boosters" for the landing gear legs. You can see the booster rocks in this picture, and you can see the orange Lynx blocks piled high under the downhill tire. Although the trailer was perfectly level, we were on such a bad slope that the threshold of the door was more than four feet off the ground:

Click For Full-Size Image.

Without the GSR, we would have had to use a step-stool, maybe perched on some rocks, just to get to the bottom steps of the old original steel steps. It would have been tough on our knees, especially when carrying heavy loads in and out of the trailer.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Have them as well, very nice that our TT doesn't rock like the SS Minnow going in and out...
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We also have them on our fiver, and love them. Makes getting in and out so much easier for us and our puppies. No more shaking when the teens use the steps. Will never have an RV without them.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 4 step version as well. It was installed early in 2016 and after many months of use I think it is the best mod I have done to my rig in 6 1/2 years of full time use. My old back and knees love it and if I forget to turn the outside light on when I leave the glow strips on the steps make it much easier to see where I am stepping on return.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010