cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Places to find used RV furniture

FFWIFE50
Explorer
Explorer
I've decided replace our existing stand alone dinette with a booth/ bed unit and my sat with a jackknife.

I ve been searching online for days and have found a multitude of different options around the US that sell used RV furniture and am overwhelmed by all the places out there. I live in the Midwest so places in Indianna,Missouri would be great with Red Bay being the farthest I want to go.

Has anyone had experience with any of the many places in Indianna? Or Carthage Mo? And of course Tiffin
7 REPLIES 7

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Keep looking at Craigslist. I didn't like the brand new all leather booth dinette when we bought our 2014 Dutch Star two years ago. I pulled it out and replaced it with a buffet/table and four chairs. I put the booth on Craigslist and it sold in two days.

I don't like the fancy dinette chairs that came with the dinette set and we're replacing them next week. I'm sure they'll sell on Craigslist pretty fast. A lot of people doing dining area remodels using both styles, booth and free standing. You just have to keep an eye out and be prepared to grab them up.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Stormy_Eyes
Explorer
Explorer
Passing through Carthage this month, I stopped at RV salvage. While they had lots of stuff, I was not very Impressed with the used furniture selection. They had quite a few captains chairs taken off their mounts, but that's not what you (or I) want. They had a few sofas, many with obvious wear or tears. I only recall seeing two or three dinette booths. They had some free standing chairs, but all were too large for my space. Stop if it is along your route or if you need other things; I would not make the drive for that furniture selection.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
RoyB wrote:
You would think the ELKHART IND area where most of the big RV plants are would be overloaded with great used RV furniture deals...

Understand they have a campground at ELKHART where you could go and look and shop till you drop haha...

Roy Ken

Why would a manufacturer have USED "RV furniture"? RV manufacturers are not in the habit of gathering up used parts.. No, they are in the habit of building NEW RVs from NEW parts.

Yes, Elkhart is the RV manufacturing capital.. But I doubt that you are going to find much in USED RV furniture there..

What you WILL find there is NEW manufacturer overruns and leftovers when a model has been discontinued..

RV PARTS NATION is the largest RV parts re seller there. They buy what the RV manufacturers have leftover (as in NEW STOCK)..

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
I wish you were closer. We just took our furniture out and replaced it.

FFWIFE50
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have more info on places in Elkhardt lake to shop for RV furniture?

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many RV furniture stores take used furniture on consignment. you might check with such stores in your area.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would think the ELKHART IND area where most of the big RV plants are would be overloaded with great used RV furniture deals...

Understand they have a campground at ELKHART where you could go and look and shop till you drop haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS