cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing dinette seat cushion foam

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
The dinette seat cushions in my 2011 Jayco X17C are getting uncomfortable to sit on. We use these when the dinette is made into a bed as well. They are roughly 24"x 48". The covers have zippers so I thought I'd just replace the foam. What type of foam is the best to use?

Memory foam? Seems like it would be heavy...
High density upholstery foam? Would this offer enough support for sleeping?
Something else?
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
7 REPLIES 7

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
I went to my local upholstery shop, picked the firmness I wanted and had them blow the new foam panels into the existing fabric covers.
MUCH better.

x2
local upholstery shops are usually great place to work with.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I went to my local upholstery shop, picked the firmness I wanted and had them blow the new foam panels into the existing fabric covers.
MUCH better.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Measure thickness of current cushion also. I used high density foam from JoAnn Fabrics, for two dinette seats. Cut with an electric knife, slipped a "long dress bag" from a cleaners (like 50 cents each at that time) and put foam into cleaner bag, then put cover back on. Made a big difference. Cost me about 75.00 with 40% off coupon.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
With this cold and wet weather,unusual for here in So Cal,we found that we are spending more time inside during our year round camping season.

The dinette was getting uncomfortable to sit in for long.

I really needed new foam for my dinette seating.

I ordered new foam from the Foam Factory, just clicked on seats and cushions and followed the instructions,the price was right and I was surprised at how quickly it came.

The install was straightforward and easy,a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I got the Lux Foam - High Quality WITH DACRON WRAP,WOW what a difference,firm butt very comfortable! When made into a bed it was very comfortable.

I followed the measuring guide and the fit was perfect.

One of the best up-grades I have made.

I have to admit I did this on the recommendation of quite a few other forum members.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced mine with Lux foam from TheFoamFactory.com. It's more like an automotive seat cushion now.

We used latex foam. Costs more than other kinds, but worth it. We took the old cushions into a local foam store (Friendly Foam Store, Bellevue, WA), and they cut the new foam to size. Cost about $65 per cushion.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
We've got a shop in St Louis called Custom Foam. They offer several different grades of foam and will custom cut and stuff any size cushion. The better grades do get expensive. Check you area for shop like this one.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System