cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tub enclosure

wdf
Explorer
Explorer
I am installing a tub enclosure on my 2001 jayco qwest. I am told that I need to remove the wall covering before I can glue the enclosure to the wall. The covering is reaaly hard to get off. is this a necessary step??
3 REPLIES 3

wdf
Explorer
Explorer
well what happened is I hit the corner of my garage "lightly" and when I lookend in the bathtub i noticed the panel in the corner of it had broken. other than the sheet metal outside there is no other damage i can see. I beleive the corner was bad from previous water damage. thats why got the enclosure. it will hide that corner damage nicely and improve the shower as far as moisture goes. I wonder if I should somehow re-inforce the corner or just glue the enclosure on and move on.?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced two tubs. The original surround was mounted over existing wall surfaces, so I did not remove it ether time. I don't see any purpose to do so.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never done what your about to do but I'm gonna say, if it fits and after reading the install instructions or better yet, calling the manufacture and checking with them, why? Unless the adhesive won't work or the surround doesn't fit, I wouldn't remove it.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.