cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 weekend warrior fs2600 frame repairs

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
i know there is a sticky about this lawsuit, but that has came and gone,..i recently baught a 2005 ww fs2600 toyhauler that has not had the work done to it,..but ive noticed some slight movement in the front panel,..curious if someone could post up some pics of the welding work allready done to their trailer to help give me an idea of what needs to be done

thanks in advance
12 REPLIES 12

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
joedirt wrote:
any feedback on this settup?

The way I look at it is this: You only need enough to get the job done. If you build a frame that can hold 100,000 pounds and put 10,000 pounds on it you are towing lots of extra steel you don't need to. So I can't say you need to add as much framing as that guy did, from the pictures it looks overkill. But I wasn't there, I didn't see how many problems he was trying to address.

That said I think WW under designed their frames. So it's not uncommon to see places where you will need to add reinforcement. Take measurements and make really good observations with it connected to your vehicle and see what needs work. There are plenty of shops that can help with this if you are feeling out of your depth. I have done some on my own and I have had a shop do some.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
any feedback on this settup?

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
found a few pics online of this method...im thinking thios would be pretty simple and cost efective...what ya think?

http://theoilfarm.blogspot.com/2012/02/weekend-warrior.html

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
My 2006 FSC3200 was built using the "new" design, C channel frame and frame all the way to the edges of the front wall. If you have any questions I'd be happy to look at it or shoot a pic. It's in the side yard so I see it every evening.

You can also search for the PDF document that has the fixes listed in it, it included measurements, steel thickness and was a good guide for someone to fab from. I will check to see if I have a copy, if so I will shoot you a PM for email address.

Good Luck.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

I am a new WW owner and have the dreaded frame sag and tongue flex. The settlement website no longer exists and I can’t find the pdf. If you have it can you post a link?

Y-Guy
Joe I'd send him a PM I bet he still has the photos, just took them off of his photobucket site. He's a good member here. Dave knows this stuff too, he's got a WW.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dedmiston
Here's a diagram I drew up when they did mine. The orange line is where the front wall sat on the frame. The front corners were cantilevered over the frame. They added a box to entirely support the walls.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
Y-Guy wrote:
joe since there are different settings if you can get me the post number, its located to the right of where the date is posted I'm happy to try to reach the member.

It's Howie's post (Racorman). 21712128.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Y-Guy wrote:
joe since there are different settings if you can get me the post number, its located to the right of where the date is posted I'm happy to try to reach the member.

copied fromt the post

Racorman

Santa Cruz, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/08 10:46pm

Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vspec wrote:

Yes, please post some pictures. I have a buddy with the same trailer and it looks like we will be doing the mods ourselves. Any pictures would be very very helpful. Thanks in advance !!!!!

Here they are..... this is what WW did on mine for an upgrade. They put on 6 outriggers and ran channel iron from right side to left side across on all the spring hangers. They also (welded) boxed inside the spring hangers with steel plate.

* This post was last edited 07/28/08 11:12pm by Racorman * View edit history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Attitude FL28AKLG 5th wheel
2008 Lance Camper 1055
2011 Can Am Commander
2002 Chevy 1 Ton Duramax/Allison 4x4 -Edge w/Juice and 4" Exhaust
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler

Y-Guy

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Y-Guy wrote:
I assume you went through the pinned thread already, there are pictures posted in the thread.

ya ive read it completely,..but the pictures that were posted of the frame repairs were on page 27 back in 2008,..those pictures arnt hosted anymore

Y-Guy
I assume you went through the pinned thread already, there are pictures posted in the thread.