cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Keystone Cougar 314BHS

mrb188
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new 5th wheel cougar in 2008. Although the unit was very nice and new all seemed well. If you purchase look over EXTREMELY close. The first camping trip this year our furnace wouldn't work. After returning home I investigated and found the floor rotted completely through! It had obviously been leaking since day one and you would never look there or see it! I called and they simply said sorry about your luck we only cover items for 1 year! I would understand if I had done something wrong or neglected but this is clearly installation error as it leaked around the intake and exhaust. BTY the furnace has NEVER been serviced. I know I would never purchase another Keystone product if this is how they treat their customers or back their products! Has anyone else had experience with them like this? Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Ted22
Explorer
Explorer
We have had 2 Arctic Fox 5ers, a 2000 30ft, and a 2007 27RLS. Solid as a rock, but you need a HD 3/4 Ton, or better to pull them.

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
We had a cougar 2007 278rks and after a couple years had most bugs worked out. They are ok for a light trailer. I think when you get the longer heavier models they are under built frame and axel wise.

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought a brand spankin new 07' Cougar back in Aug of 06 and have not had a major problem with it yet. Have only had to do the routine maintenance on it so far.... some re-caulking, re-screw shower hose holder back on wall. The worst so far was a 3/4" crack in bottom of kitchen sink, took me bout 10 minutes to fix.
So far after 7 years of ownership we are very happy..
Oh yeah forgot ...their decals on the front cap suck..faded ... so I just bought some brown paint & painted it ...looks better than the original.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2007 Keystone Cougar new from the lot. It spent the first nine weeks in the shop getting nearly every system repaired. Now, I call it the $500 per trip machine. Seems that every trip I take requires $200-800 to repair the items that break.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Erie_Tom
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your leaking RV. Had the same problem with Shasta a few years ago. I have learned to go over the SKIN and check anywhere it could or would leak . Two Shasta's leaked. One in the brake light housing was not caulked other was Aluminum on front did not mess and water was forced in while driving...

Bought an INNSBROOK 5th wheel by Gulfstream . It is a 99 AND NO PROBLEMS!!!! Doing my simple FREQUENT CHECKS have had no major problems. It is a trailer and it moves and rocks so you have to check things after every trip.

We looked at Cougars thinking to up grade. It looked like they were put together at a vocational school.....no craftsmanship. We decided to keep our Gulfstream since we have no issues. Normal issues replaced brakes ,,,faucet washers and a demand pump ....that is it knock on wood!!!
Erie Tom N8UAZ (Better Half Pat)
Ohio

Winter Steelhead Country

25' Innsbruck 5ver
2003 GMC 2500HD

2x4

. Extcab SB Duramax/Allison
Reese Kwik Slide Hitch
Prodigy
Ham radio listen to 146.52 simplex. HF 20M and 40M mobile

Retired and free as a bird

:B