Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 fifth wheel:shopping

vikkitennis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Fellow RVers,

My husband and I are shopping for a 2013 fifth wheel. We currently have a bunkhouse, and are looking to purchase a unit with a rear living or rear entertainment.

I have concerns about a few of the units, and wonder if the forum can help me out, please.

There are three coaches we are looking at:
2013 Cougar by Keystone 318SAB
2013 Phoenix (Shasta) 32RE
2013 Winnebago Raven 3250RE

Any words or advice would be great and much of a help to us.

Thank you,

Vikkitennis
6 REPLIES 6

vikkitennis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for your assistance when selecting our new fifth wheel.

We have selected a 2013 Raven Sunnybrook 3250 Rear Entertainment. We will be picking it up next week. It had the criteria we were looking for. Thank you again for your reply.

dutch1724
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking at those trailers, also check out the keystone avalanche 295rl. we just picked one up and love it. I looked at the keystone cougars first and settled on the avalanche. I found the frame, wheels, axel to all be heavier and sturdier on the avalanche. The avalanche and the winnebago you're looking at seem to be about the same price
2007 Chevrolet HD Classic, Duramax, Firestone Ride Right Airbags, 2013 Avalanche 295rl fifth wheel, 34 feet

sandtsherman
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 2013 Coachman 327RLKS per our signature. We liked the rear living/entertainment yet still get the outdoor kitchen which the DW Really likes. Reasonably priced and no problems after 7-8 outings and a 500 mile pull. We found that the aerodynamics on the front cap really saved us!

Of course everyone likes their FW, I'm just another in that line...
Steve & Terri
2008 Ford F250 Powerstroke 6.4L
2013 Coachman Chaparral Signature 327RLKS
Look out! We're newbies!

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a list of most major mfgs:

http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/RVManufacturers.html

This would be easy for me. - We had a SunnyBrook before they were bought out by Winnebago. and after 8 years never had the first problem. It was perfect.
NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefox® 33

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
The 2014 are starting to come out so you might be able to get a little better deal on 2013 when you mention this to the salesman.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the raven and cougar but ended up buying a crusader 295rst rear living touring edition. Just more features and less weight. Very good value compared to the others.