cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Montana Keys Stolen

jayhardy
Explorer
Explorer
Thieves stole my second set of keys out of my car so I need to replace two latch locks and my door lock in my 2014 Montana Mountainier. They no where I live

1) Does anyone know of a website I can order from (Keystone dealer not close)

2) How hard is it

Any advise would be greal appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

lockdoc
Explorer
Explorer
A while back FIC had a recall on some of their lock cylinders and they sent me replacements along with a removal key for the cores. It is literally a turn 90 degrees and remove the old core process...then repeat for installation of the new cores. You can buy cores online for somewhere south of $10 each.
2000 Newmar Mountain Aire 4093
Rotax 912 powered parachute
Loving DW, DS& soon to be DIL, DD GS Owners web site

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
compartment keys are most likely CH751 Which is what most have. If anything valuable take it out or lock it up in the compartment like I do with my generator. The doors can be just pried open anyway. keys are just for honest people.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
I think this is overkill also.
If I can hold your keys in my hand, I can look at your key code and buy a key on the internet for about $1.

I re-keyed our Keystone (2 doors, all the storage) to a single key. It was cheaper to buy the whole door latch mechanism than it was to take it to a dealer and have them change the cylinder....

If I wanted into your RV, I'd simply use a crow bar and have the door open in less than 10 seconds...

If you really want to re-key, for my 2015 Keystone, I bought parts here:

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
Find a real lock smith.

Ditto find a locksmith for the dead bolt the other locks are just like every other RV most likely. A RV dealer can give you one or the locksmith probably can supply one too.

If you are handy just pull the deadbolt lock out and either replace it or take it to a locksmith and get it rekeyed. Might be cheaper to just buy another lock tho. To remove you just take the two screws out on the inside of the lock. The lock will just pull off in two pieces then. One inside and one outside.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV dealer can change the lock cylinders. You only need to change the cylinders not the whole lock. While you're at it change your storage door locks also, every RV storage door lock is the same unless you change them.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
jayhardy wrote:
Thieves stole my second set of keys out of my car so I need to replace two latch locks and my door lock in my 2014 Montana Mountainier. They no where I live

1) Does anyone know of a website I can order from (Keystone dealer not close)

2) How hard is it

Any advise would be greal appreciated

First off, the storage keys are probably identical to about 90% of every other RV out there so, unless you previously changed the locks, just match the # off your primary key. I know that the upper door lock on my Komfort is a common key, but the "deadbolt" lock is specific to my lock (at least the dealer didn't have a copy). Since you =can= open the doors, see what kind of locks are there, then visit your local locksmith and buy some. It's not like you can't take a drywall saw and cut out the storage doors in about 30 seconds and a large screwdriver and pop the entry door in about the same time.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find a real lock smith.