cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4 Point Leveling System

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
On a 5th wheel, less than 35'. Does a 4point auto system, take. ALL, Most or Very little for-aft/side-side movement out of the rig, without additional aids to stabilize the unit?
We're looking at new rigs and are wondering if it's as good as it sounds.
Push a button and your done. :@
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS
11 REPLIES 11

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was just tested with 6 10-12 year old girls playing Twister in the bunk room. Steadier than I thought it would be.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
I won't buy another rig without it! So easy to use
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like they do a good job.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

dedmiston
WE-C-USA wrote:
Push a button and your done. :@

That's really the beauty of these leveling systems. I'm so deeply in love with the 6-point system on our 44' toy hauler. It's incredible to just unhitch and push the Autolevel button.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
I think it depends on the rig. We have a 4 point Lippert system on our 35' 5" Excel and get very little movement. We do not use any other stabilizing equipment. We did a factory tour when ours was being built and were told with the in house built fully boxed frame they use the 4 point would be more than adequate. In 5 seasons of use, it has been just that. This is the only experience we have so can't help with any other brand or model. I would have the dealer level the unit you are considering and see what happens when you move around in it.

X2. In our Solitude, we have the Lippert 4 point leveling system. We are 36.2' and do not experience excessive movement! Some people feel the movement more than others, but we do not have a problem with it.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 4 point Big Foot leveling system and opted to also add rear stabilizers. Our back levelers are just behind the rear tires and it also appears that the 6 point systems that I have seen also have the rear jacks right behind the rear tires. That leaves a long overhang with no support. We have been full timers for over 8 years and we do not even notice trailer movement. Unless we are going to be set up for at least a week in one location, we do not even deploy the rear stabilizers.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
We traded for our KZ back in May and it came with the 4 point Level Up system and JT Strongarms from the factory. It takes most of it out and our rig is 41' long.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5th wheel is just over 35' with a 4 point level system. It is very stable but you will get a little movement. The system works great! Hit the auto level than walk away and do other chores.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends on the rig. We have a 4 point Lippert system on our 35' 5" Excel and get very little movement. We do not use any other stabilizing equipment. We did a factory tour when ours was being built and were told with the in house built fully boxed frame they use the 4 point would be more than adequate. In 5 seasons of use, it has been just that. This is the only experience we have so can't help with any other brand or model. I would have the dealer level the unit you are considering and see what happens when you move around in it.

The one exception we have found is when wife fires up the Splendide washer/dryer combo. The spin cycle will give you a bit of a massage but I really don't pay much attention to it. It sits on the nose next to the bedroom closet so I think the movement of it gets exaggerated a little.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 6 point leveling system and our 39 ft Alpine is stable with no aids. Think the 4 point is the Bull system and 6 pt is Lippert. Would think six point support would be more stable than 4 corners?

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will not take ALL of it out.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.