cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th airborne pin box setup - Raptor 3612ds

Badhabt
Explorer
Explorer
I have an opportunity to buy a used 5th airborne pin box. I printed out he instructions from the web for setup and it states that the along with air pressure settings, the air bag can be moved fore or aft as needed for adjustment. Just looking for setups from any other 5th airborne Raptor owners on finding the right sweet spot.
06 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Dually Tow Boss
07 Raptor 3612DS
06 Raptor 700R 50th Anniv Edition - mine
06 Wolverine 450 - wifes
13 Can Am Spyder ST-Limited - more mine
14 Can Am Spyder RT-S - more hers
3 REPLIES 3

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
The bag adjustment goes by the pin weight of the trailer. My trailer has a pin weight of around 2600lbs and my bag is in the middle position. I have about 100lbs of air in the bag. Go to Reese web sight and it explains how to set up the 5th Airborne.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the 5th airborne kingpin on our Cyclone 5 years ago. Recently I have been having trouble getting air into the bag. It worked great when new. Now, with the weight of the trailer on the hitch I can not get any air into the bag. I can get some air in with the weight off the pin but cant get up to the fill line. I have removed the valve stem and added air then allow it to escape. It seems to inflate/deflate as it should with no weight applied. I talked to Customer Service and they referred me to the Tech guys which I have yet to talk to.

Had not thought of going on line for their owners manual. Headed there now.

BTW, I love the kingpin when it is working properly.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the 5th airborne kingpin on our Cyclone 5 years ago. Recently I have been having trouble getting air into the bag. It worked great when new. Now, with the weight of the trailer on the hitch I can not get any air into the bag. I can get some air in with the weight off the pin but cant get up to the fill line. I have removed the valve stem and added air then allow it to escape. It seems to inflate/deflate as it should with no weight applied. I talked to Customer Service and they referred me to the Tech guys which I have yet to talk to.

Had not thought of going on line for their owners manual. Headed there now.

BTW, I love the kingpin when it is working properly.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side